Home

Does NBA 2K Have SuperSim Yet?

This is a discussion on Does NBA 2K Have SuperSim Yet? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon5 Does NBA 2K Have SuperSim Yet?

Does NBA 2K Have SuperSim Yet?

You know, the ability to skip ahead in a game, on a play, quarter, or full game basis, with the ability to stop the sim at any point, and jump back into the game. (Since it's basketball, maybe you can only jump back in on a clock stoppage or when your team has an out-of-bounds play.)

For an example of SuperSim, look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOlFBSj6t7A&t=2m40s

I know that there is the "sim to end of game" option in 2K11, but it's not quite the same as being able to hop in and out of the simming platform, in case you only want to play at certain points of the game, and not the entire game.

The cool thing about it is the ability to jump in and out of the action. This may not be something that many of you care about, but it'd be a nice addition for those of us who play what used to be called Association mode not too long ago.

Is this in the game yet? I recall it starting to appear in Madden/NCAA back in 2008/2009. I believe that there were baseball games that had this feature too.

Let me know if this feature is in yet, and thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Does NBA 2K Have SuperSim Yet?

They have it in the MyLeague and MyGM modes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: Does NBA 2K Have SuperSim Yet?

Good afternoon.

Thanks.

Based on this information, I may pick it up sometime next year when I get more free time.

Now I've located an operation sports article talking about the feature (apparently called SimCast):

On this page:
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ine-mygm-more/

I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.operationsports.com/features/2307/nba-2k16-developer-blog-myleague-myleague-online-mygm-more/

SimCast Live

In NBA 2K15, we introduced a new way to simulate games, SimCast. The reception for this feature was, frankly, overwhelming. We’ve listened to all of your feedback on the subject and have crafted yet another way for you to consume games in NBA 2K16.

SimCast Live, in a nutshell, is the hybrid version of simulating a game and playing it. It’s a coach mode for the armchair quarterback. In a true game cast fashion, you will watch representational ‘chips’ of the players move around the court in real-time. You won’t be controlling player movement, but instead, you’ll be pulling ALL of the strings. You’ll be calling plays on both ends of the court. You’ll be making substitutions as needed. You’ll be making POE and strategy changes as needed. In order to get through games quicker, you will be able to adjust the speed of the simulation on-the-fly from real-time speed all the way to up to 6x the normal speed.

It’s a very fun, and very unique way to simulate a game without actually playing it. Now, that being said, if you DO get the itch to jump on the sticks, you can freely switch between playing the game and coaching via SImCast Live with literally zero load time. I’m talking instantaneous switches. It’s pretty nifty.

And for those of you who loved the SimCast experience. Don’t worry, it didn’t go anywhere! In fact, it is also better than ever. You can now jump in AND out of games in SimCast this year. Heck, you can even start a game in SimCast, decide to jump in and play, switch it over to SimCast Live, then decide to finish the game on the sticks, only to later change your mind when you want to jump out and finish the game in SimCast. Total, unequivocal, full control in NBA 2K16 my friends. You can literally play/sim/coach/watch a game any way you can imagine. No other sports game offers experiences as robust as this.
Have a nice day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »