Home

MyPark & Pro-Am: Where Your $60 Entry Fee Isn't Enough To Compete Online

This is a discussion on MyPark & Pro-Am: Where Your $60 Entry Fee Isn't Enough To Compete Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MyPark & Pro-Am: Where Your $60 Entry Fee Isn't Enough To Compete Online

"Black Friday" circular ads are already surfacing on the Internet, so if you're planning on purchasing NBA 2K16 during the Holiday shopping season, and you're looking forward to taking your created character into multiplayer matches, know that whatever you spend for your copy of the game, it won't be enough to compete online -- at least, not right away.

NBA 2K16's Pro-Am and MyPark modes are built on competitively unbalanced and psychologically manipulative grind-to-win/pay-to-win models -- the kinds you'd expect to find in a free-to-play mobile app, not on a $60 Blu-ray disc. If you want to keep up with the majority of Pro-Am/Park players, who are presently rated in the mid-80s to high-90s, your avatar must choose between slowly earning or outright purchasing six figures of in-game currency just to raise your player's overall rating from a completely inept 55 up to at least the low-80s.

Read More - MyPark & Pro-Am: Where Your $60 Entry Fee Isn't Enough To Compete Online (Written by: Jayson Young)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
This is great! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Old 11-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MyPark & Pro-Am: Where Your $60 Entry Fee Isn't Enough To Compete Online

Preach.

Sadly in 2015 with the current video game landscape we will no see this change.

In fact, it will likely get even more ridiculous with micro-transactions and pay to play models.

One thing we all have to keep on mind is that, at the end of the day, 2k's real job is to generate profit. Sure they also want to make the best basketball game, but profit is #1. Think about it: 2k makes x amount of millions of dollars just selling the game. Then they realize they can make even more millions of dollars off the same people who already put up $60, by adding all the micro transactions.

I personally hate it, but I fully understand why we are seeing this game go down the path it's going down. The problem is, it's never enough for these companies. Every year since 2k started these micro transactions, each release has seen an increase in available items/categories that you can spend real money on. The question is, when is 2k going to cross the line to where us as customers become resentful? Some would argue that line has been crossed already.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 11-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7
If my comment helps get something like this implemented I AGREE!
Old 11-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #5
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with this. The 90-99 ovr day 1 teams would have gotten a huge head start in Pro-Am if it worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 09:06 PM   #6
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

This is great and exactly what I am trying to emulate, but in more details. Check out "Community Playstyles" thread. I've been working on SF position and have came up with 6 different playstyles with detailed numbers and fair amount of badges.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Totally agree with the post. But this is nothing new with MyPark. It's one of the most obvious pay to win models.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #8
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

You can win without boosting. You can win with a mediocre player. You just have to have the right team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »