Home

Tried my hand at roster re-rating

This is a discussion on Tried my hand at roster re-rating within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Tried my hand at roster re-rating

based it on last years reratings on here and tweaked it using PWI's top 500 as a guide. lemme know what you think

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tried my hand at roster re-rating

Shows a lot of promise. Definitely think this is a good way to approach the ratings. I still just find it weird to see overalls as low as 44 lol but that's just me. Anything to get the most realistic gameplay for me. Good rates
Old 11-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
Shows a lot of promise. Definitely think this is a good way to approach the ratings. I still just find it weird to see overalls as low as 44 lol but that's just me. Anything to get the most realistic gameplay for me. Good rates
They will be low with the low ratings. This was done last year to prolong the matches. Most matches last year were less than 7 mins.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
Pro

pretty much every match i've had has ended on either a finisher or a roll up, some times you can catch your opponent off guard with an early roll up and get a W which is pretty cool to see.

With the low ratings, everything is about relativity. Ya it's weird to see a guy like simon gotch with a 40 rating but when you compare it to brock who is rated like 80 overall, it's really not that crazy.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
pretty much every match i've had has ended on either a finisher or a roll up, some times you can catch your opponent off guard with an early roll up and get a W which is pretty cool to see.

With the low ratings, everything is about relativity. Ya it's weird to see a guy like simon gotch with a 40 rating but when you compare it to brock who is rated like 80 overall, it's really not that crazy.
And that was the other issue. We wanted more separation between wrestlers. The ratings on most wrestlers, by default, is bizarre. The difference between some "jobbers" and upper carders was like 10 points. That's not a lot at all. Beating an upper card guy with a jobber should be difficult.

In the end, it's what you see fit for your game. My ratings are based off of what I feel they should be in my opinion. Not everyone will agree and that's fine. If it works for you, stick with it and keep with that same "formula" for re-rating the rest of your guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
And that was the other issue. We wanted more separation between wrestlers. The ratings on most wrestlers, by default, is bizarre. The difference between some "jobbers" and upper carders was like 10 points. That's not a lot at all. Beating an upper card guy with a jobber should be difficult.

In the end, it's what you see fit for your game. My ratings are based off of what I feel they should be in my opinion. Not everyone will agree and that's fine. If it works for you, stick with it and keep with that same "formula" for re-rating the rest of your guys.
exactly, this is the only "sports" game where the best and the worst are seperated by so little. Kevin Durant wouldn't be rated 98 and have the worst player in the NBA rated at 83, it wouldn't make sense. But all of these "characters" are property of the company making the game so they don't want to make any of them look weak. Where as nobody gives a **** about the 12th man off the bench and his feelings about what 2k rated him.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
exactly, this is the only "sports" game where the best and the worst are seperated by so little. Kevin Durant wouldn't be rated 98 and have the worst player in the NBA rated at 83, it wouldn't make sense. But all of these "characters" are property of the company making the game so they don't want to make any of them look weak. Where as nobody gives a **** about the 12th man off the bench and his feelings about what 2k rated him.
EA sports NHL series is pretty bad with the player separation as well. The thing I noticed with rerates, is don't be afraid to over or under exaggerate a rating. It's a videogame, so you have to compensate for that. In "real" life, Big Show could probably hurt Roman Reigns. But in ring, the CHARACTER Roman Reigns will win. So you have to rerate based on character, not person.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
EA sports NHL series is pretty bad with the player separation as well. The thing I noticed with rerates, is don't be afraid to over or under exaggerate a rating. It's a videogame, so you have to compensate for that. In "real" life, Big Show could probably hurt Roman Reigns. But in ring, the CHARACTER Roman Reigns will win. So you have to rerate based on character, not person.
my thoughts exactly. the only stats i don't really bend are the ones that are universal such as speed and strength. a guy is x strong or x fast no matter where he goes where things like grappling aren't quantifiable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »