Home

Give us historic teams EA!!

This is a discussion on Give us historic teams EA!! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Give us historic teams EA!!

I want this so bad in the series! NBA 2k does it right, take a page out of their book. You got there loot. I love the teams, jerseys, players, and arenas for the historic teams in the NBA series. DO THIS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

Re: Give us historic teams EA!!

I'm 41 and have been playing EA hockey since its inception. The lack of classic teams has always been something I've longed for.

I know they don't make them because of licensing issues, and let's be honest here, with the exception of you and me, not too many people would use them.

Just look at NHL94 mode. Hardly anyone played/plays it, but I think they went about it all wrong.

If you want to highlight a throwback game, then give us THE throwback game. NHL94 with the actual players, jerseys and arenas is what I would have done. In other words, just put NHL94 in the game, not some mode of the current game with blue ice and 20 year old sound effects.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

To be honest (and not trying to flame EA too much here), but the ratings in their game are so messed up that I don't know if I'd even have fun playing with and against legends.
When every superstar is 95+, how special can Wayne, Mario or Orr be?

There needs to be a noticeable difference in not only ratings, but also player types.

Mario should feel, play and react a LOT different than a Lucic or Joe Thornton.
Same a guy like Howe. Not only will he run you over, but he'll also beat you with his hands and shot.

Last edited by Money99; 11-06-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Well, Wayne and others shouldn't be like super bosses in a fighting game. Guys like Ovi, Crosby, and Datsuk should be comparable with them. Just because you choose to play with Wayne and company doesn't mean you should expect to win.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
I'm 41 and have been playing EA hockey since its inception. The lack of classic teams has always been something I've longed for.

I know they don't make them because of licensing issues, and let's be honest here, with the exception of you and me, not too many people would use them.

Just look at NHL94 mode. Hardly anyone played/plays it, but I think they went about it all wrong.

If you want to highlight a throwback game, then give us THE throwback game. NHL94 with the actual players, jerseys and arenas is what I would have done. In other words, just put NHL94 in the game, not some mode of the current game with blue ice and 20 year old sound effects.
NHL 94 was magic in a bottle. That game is unbelievably great. Such good hockey gameplay.

edit: And oh yeah I agree, I would LOVE historic teams. It can't just be a licensing issue since they have "historic" players in HUT.

To play with my 1999 Stars in an online versus....I dream of this.

Last edited by thejudicata; 11-11-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensch1
Well, Wayne and others shouldn't be like super bosses in a fighting game. Guys like Ovi, Crosby, and Datsuk should be comparable with them. Just because you choose to play with Wayne and company doesn't mean you should expect to win.
I agree.

The problem is that everyone forgets to realize that the quality of athletes has drastically improved since Gretzky and Lemieux were in their prime. It wasn't that they were so incredibly gifted, but more of the fact that they were incredibly gifted and that pretty much 85% of the rest of the players were average.

Sure, they'd be at the top of the league in scoring if they were in their prime in today's NHL, but I guarantee that they wouldn't be able to put up 200+ points. The goalies, defencemen and coaching are too good now a days.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #7
Rookie

This.

One thing I dislike about this generation console is we can't share rosters, at least like we used to. If NHL had the online repository like Madden or The Show, this could be done. I don't want all-time greats roster per de but just being able to play with 82-83 Nordiques would be awesome.

Can't understand why EA wouldn't add a file exchange for this game
Old 11-13-2015, 07:58 AM   #8
Just started!

Just because you choose to play with Wayne and company doesn't mean you should expect to win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »