Home

crew heads, does pro am suffice?

This is a discussion on crew heads, does pro am suffice? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-31-2015, 09:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
crew heads, does pro am suffice?

to all the old ps3 crew heads who are on pro am now, how does it compare to the GOAT mode from 2k11? it was pretty good on 2k15 as well, but they took away some key features, like individual player starts, and they added ridiculous leaderboards that only favored teams who were really active. i'm thinking about buying a ps4, but if I did it'd only be for pro am, so I wanna make sure the mode is right before i cop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: crew heads, does pro am suffice?

No. It doesn't IMHO.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 11-01-2015, 01:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Still a couple of issues.

No roster. People can jump from "crew" to "crew". The only one who gets the recognition is the "Crew" leader.

No Home-Away jerseys. Only one jersey per "crew".
Annoying when we get a matchup with the same jersey color as us.

Individual leaderboard needs a minimum of games played.

Forced to run with 5 players. If we load with 3, CPU will play PG and SG. Doesnt matter if we have a PG on our team, he will play SF.

If a team quits, the team with remaining players should be awarded a W. It should not make the user play the CPU. Game over.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:16 AM   #4
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Nah

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMart14

No roster. People can jump from "crew" to "crew". The only one who gets the recognition is the "Crew" leader.

Forced to run with 5 players. If we load with 3, CPU will play PG and SG. Doesnt matter if we have a PG on our team, he will play SF.

If a team quits, the team with remaining players should be awarded a W. It should not make the user play the CPU. Game over.
wow, this post is really depressing. how do leaderboards work? is there any stat tracking for the gm of the crew at least? 2k struck GOLD with crew. why they'd get rid of it for lousy alternatives is beyond me. how about nba live, don't they have their own version of crew? anyone try that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMart14

I can agree with everything BUT the "forced to run with 5 players." You SHOULD be forced to play with 5. Nobody who plays wants to be forced to play against the CPU all game because you didn't want to bring a full team. That's what MyCareer is for. If you don't have 5, go play walk-on.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
I can agree with everything BUT the "forced to run with 5 players." You SHOULD be forced to play with 5. Nobody who plays wants to be forced to play against the CPU all game because you didn't want to bring a full team. That's what MyCareer is for. If you don't have 5, go play walk-on.
Computers are god-awful. Except, that they aren't. If left open, they will hit. You cannot get around them defensively. Their rotations and close-out speeds are insane. Reactions = to Deion Sanders.

So be it if you want to play with 3-4 players. But make matchmaking so that we don't get matched up with them. NHL has preferences such that you can get User Goalie matches no?
Old 11-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #8
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

The best teams in original Crew mode didn't run with five. Go look at the spacing in 5 man games, and how they play. If you think that's basketball let me laugh at you for a minute.

No spacing, no plays being run, all fastbreaks, cherry picking...

Running with 5 is horrible it changes the whole game, 3 was always a perfect balance of keeping the game of basketball looking right...it's not our fault 2K made the AI so great at defense again.

But no, this mode isn't even close to being what Crew was. It's basically a more refined Rec Center.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »