Home

Wide Open 3PT Threats Stepping Infront Of Or On The Line Needs To Be Removed

This is a discussion on Wide Open 3PT Threats Stepping Infront Of Or On The Line Needs To Be Removed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-31-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wide Open 3PT Threats Stepping Infront Of Or On The Line Needs To Be Removed

There's nothing worst and more heartbreaking than passing to an open man in the corner and to watch him catch the ball and then step in front of the line or on in it.

Who does that?

And it has happened with players like Kyle Korver, Anthony Morrow down to Chris Bosh.

Most players check and make sure they are behind the line...2K has players make sure they are on it or in front of it and you can't do nothing but shoot it cause the defense can rotate way before you make sure behind it.

It's costing players points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 05:08 PM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Wide Open 3PT Threats Stepping Infront Of Or On The Line Needs To Be Removed

I don't have this dame exacerbated experience - are you moving the left stick while you shoot?

This could very well be an isolated experience with you and how forceful you are with the left stick or a controller problem?

Or are you watching CPU v CPU games?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2015, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Wide Open 3PT Threats Stepping Infront Of Or On The Line Needs To Be Removed

Definitely not an isolated experience I hate this. I don't want to shoot 20 ft 2s. I also think the super shot contest need to be toned down. Players cover like 10 ft from jump to release
Old 10-31-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
Banned

Yeah. Not sure what's up with that but i do have to say sometimes the A.I. is pretty dumb. I play with the Warriors and I've consistently watched my open A.I. teammates just float around 5 ft behind the line. Like why would u make a shot more difficult. Sometimes I'll just swing the ball and pull up anyway from 5 to 6 ft behind the line becuase once u manually bring the player back to the line the defense has recovered.

Another goofy A.I. problem is if ur on the break, all players cut to the rim. Well good 3 shooters often times will flash out to the 3pt line even on a break. For example, if I have Barbosa pushing the break, I don't need all 4 cpu teammates flashing to the paint creating a cluttered situation. It would be nice if the A.I. would send at least one 3pt shooter to the corner 3 or something and let the other cutters go to the paint. If ur on a break then that means u obviously have numbers. If all ur players cut to the rim then the lone defender can play both players. But if someone would flash for an open 3, now u have a true pick-ur-poison advantage.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:25 PM   #5
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich730
Definitely not an isolated experience I hate this. I don't want to shoot 20 ft 2s. I also think the super shot contest need to be toned down. Players cover like 10 ft from jump to release
That isn't really that long of a distance tbh.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

I know what you're talking about.

https://youtu.be/r7lys0nn2SI

Very annoying.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
That isn't really that long of a distance tbh.
It's not but to start to move run and raise a hand in the time I get to the release of a jumper and completely through it off
Old 10-31-2015, 08:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I don't have this dame exacerbated experience - are you moving the left stick while you shoot?

This could very well be an isolated experience with you and how forceful you are with the left stick or a controller problem?

Or are you watching CPU v CPU games?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Honestly it's a weird off and on thing. So it depends on what you play and how often you play. If you play a lot of games 5v5 against the CPU I don't know how often you would see it. But I play Online Ranked Matches mostly. I had it happen to me while playing domination.

It doesn't happen all the time, but when you pass a 3 point threat the ball, they take a step DURING the catch. They will step into the shot and then step on the line or over it. But you don't step into a shot on a corner 3.

So it's like a gather, I'll try to post some gameplay, but it's a gather that that seems to only occur on the corner.

I don't know what is triggering it. Maybe I'll try to pay attention and see if I can trigger the gather. Maybe the left stick needs to be neutral.

Also another problem is, certain players shooting forms have them stepping on the line, like Aaron Gordon's.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 10-31-2015 at 09:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »