Home

There's Zero Incentive For Playing Pro-Am If You Are Not The Owner

This is a discussion on There's Zero Incentive For Playing Pro-Am If You Are Not The Owner within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
There's Zero Incentive For Playing Pro-Am If You Are Not The Owner

Pro-Am is a lot of fun, especially if you are the owner. But if you are not the owner of your Pro-Am team what is the incentive for playing? Meaning your friend owns the team and you just play with him.

You don't feel tied to that team at all. You can't even view your team's record. Even when a Pro-Am game is loading, the record will show correctly for the owner, but for the other users on that team it is bugged and shows 0-0.

I mean if you don't get Rep for Pro-Am games, and don't even get VC for Arena games, and you can't even see the record of the Pro-Am team you're playing with (for non-owners), what's the point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 12:40 PM   #2
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: There's Zero Incentive For Playing Pro-Am If You Are Not The Owner

Cool idea, great for marketing. Sold me on this game because of it. But now a month into this game and for it being broken for 2 weeks and then basically finding out there's no reason to play this mode at all since the leader boards don't even work properly i think this has to be one of the worst scams 2k has ever pulled. I mean, this mode is worthless as is and since hardly anyone even finishes the game you're basically running against computers. Might as well play career (yawn).
Old 10-29-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
Pro-Am is a lot of fun, especially if you are the owner. But if you are not the owner of your Pro-Am team what is the incentive for playing? Meaning your friend owns the team and you just play with him.

You don't feel tied to that team at all. You can't even view your team's record. Even when a Pro-Am game is loading, the record will show correctly for the owner, but for the other users on that team it is bugged and shows 0-0.

I mean if you don't get Rep for Pro-Am games, and don't even get VC for Arena games, and you can't even see the record of the Pro-Am team you're playing with (for non-owners), what's the point?
Because it's your player without the arcadey Park feel? Because the game is supposed to be fun?

I agree that with the game economy, there needs to be some sort of "progression" whether that is VC or rep or record or something, but I look at it as pickup games with friends. I don't get anything from those other than bruises in real life, but they're lots of fun.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
Because it's your player without the arcadey Park feel? Because the game is supposed to be fun?

I agree that with the game economy, there needs to be some sort of "progression" whether that is VC or rep or record or something, but I look at it as pickup games with friends. I don't get anything from those other than bruises in real life, but they're lots of fun.

I definitely think we need VC fixed for the Pro-Am. I would have at least 10K if I actually got the amount they told me I got in those games. But leave myPark rep for myPark. For someone like myself, who just wants to play a mode and have fun with it, I'm enjoying it. Leaderboards should work but they only tell you how much someone plays. Same with record a lot of the time. 2K is the only game where I'm not fazed by someone's record or leaderboard spot because I know they just play a bit too much possibly. It's only as fun as you make it.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

When all the trailers came out and more and more discussion was being talked about, it made me think Pro Am would be amazing. But as we all no, basically all they showed in the trailer, is all we get.

Where it is now is just a shell of what it should be. I thought we'd get rosters with maybe the ability to run with more players than 5v5. Multiple team owners if we wanted. Any kind of reward for playing. But as it is now, is just a fun little mode that we use if we have 5 guys wanting to run at one time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #6
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

To everyone who says this game mode doesn't need a progression system like rep, think about it this way. You may not play park because you don't care for how "arcade"it is. Those same people used to play rec last year until patch 4 when park and rec was essentially broken. But the rec didn't have everyone quitting out by the end of the first quarter because you essentially lost more rep for quitting than losing. On top of that, hardly anyone decent at the game plays proam so you're enjoying it because you're running against substantially lesser competition. If there was a rep system in place you could get more people to play and better competition and people wouldn't be quitting all the time. Lastly, i know a lot of people say that they play pro am for "fun" which is fine, but you could still have fun and still be rewarded. Regardless tho, if you think about how many people DO play park, you could substantially increase the reliability of both systems by increasing the number of players in proam by reducing the number of players in park. Essentially, the more people playing proam and getting disconnected or leader boards not working would be addressed faster since there would be more demand for them to work properly.

I don't see a downside for adding rep or substantially increasing the amount of vc earned.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #7
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
To everyone who says this game mode doesn't need a progression system like rep, think about it this way. You may not play park because you don't care for how "arcade"it is. Those same people used to play rec last year until patch 4 when park and rec was essentially broken. But the rec didn't have everyone quitting out by the end of the first quarter because you essentially lost more rep for quitting than losing. On top of that, hardly anyone decent at the game plays proam so you're enjoying it because you're running against substantially lesser competition. If there was a rep system in place you could get more people to play and better competition and people wouldn't be quitting all the time. Lastly, i know a lot of people say that they play pro am for "fun" which is fine, but you could still have fun and still be rewarded. Regardless tho, if you think about how many people DO play park, you could substantially increase the reliability of both systems by increasing the number of players in proam by reducing the number of players in park. Essentially, the more people playing proam and getting disconnected or leader boards not working would be addressed faster since there would be more demand for them to work properly.

I don't see a downside for adding rep or substantially increasing the amount of vc earned.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pro-Am, but I also love Park. The options are great but the way I see it is being two separate modes. Kind of like Crew in 2K10/11/14 and then the blacktop modes in those games. If they're going to add some reputation system to Pro-Am, let it be separate from myPark's rep system. A progression system, however, should've been in the first place. I would love to see divisions like in FIFA's pro clubs and tournaments when they come around.

I do agree with your point with the lesser competition. But I personally feel I get some decent competition in Pro-Am like in a myPark. It could be cheesy or straight up good players. As long as I'm enjoying it. I don't think not having a rep system tho is the main reason.

Honestly, going away from who's playing what, it's just weird seeing this mode turn up to being a side mode. Almost like All-Star Team Up, another rather good mode. Would love to see more appeal, but I also think people don't trust the mode after playing Park all last year and the issues Pro-Am had on- and post-release day up until the patch.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2015, 06:44 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I play it for fun....and will keep doing so....but I get where you're coming from....definitely wish they had better stat tracking

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »