Home

Are "balanced" scoring My Players now ineffective?

This is a discussion on Are "balanced" scoring My Players now ineffective? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-26-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Are "balanced" scoring My Players now ineffective?

So, I created a balanced SG on launch weekend and eventually a balanced PG weeks later at the same height. I quickly maxed out my shooting but due to the 6'6" height I selected, I capped out in the high 70s. I created a balanced guard because I'm all about the mid-range shot (even in 2K15) but I also enjoy attacking the basket to space out the floor a bit more.

When the game released, my 3pt shooting was horrible but I was cash from mid-range as expected. This made a lot of park games very strategic since every scoring type was a threat. After the most recent shooting % tweak done by the devs, my balanced guard is damn near ineffective. I cannot hit wide open or contested mid-range shots consistently in Pro-Am, Walk On, The Park and even My Career. However, because I didn't select an outside guard, my shot is even more ineffective from beyond the arc.

So, do any other balanced scoring my players feel like the tweak has ruined their shooting percentages? To me, it's very frustrating because it seems that all of the advantage has been given to the small, speedy guards who can knock down contested 3pts post tweak.

I'm mostly a pro-am player and I play on Superstar Sim in my career. Currently equipped with (Gold) Deadeye badge as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Are "balanced" scoring My Players now ineffective?

Both my G are Balanced

6'6" SG, 6'3" PG

I understand and can relate in part to what you're expressing here.

Outside 90+ with more skill shot ability but less athlete; Inside 90+ with more athlete but less Outside ability for skill shots

Where does Balanced fall under? 80 - 85? 80 - 88? It gets complicated when we factor in height advantages by position and the accompanying caps.

It does seem the most attractive offer promoted via YouTube is Outside Scoring for 1, 2, 3.

Is it reasonable to suggest Balanced and Inside could use an upgrade to be more competitively attractive with Outside Scoring packages for PG; SG; SF?

Maybe so.

I'd like to hear your suggestions for competitive strategy.

Outside of Mid Range - what other ways do you rely on to score in the half court offense? "All about the Mid-Range" sounds like an Outside Scorer lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Nothing wrong with balanced seems you should've just made an outside shooter. Outside includes midrange . And you can attack if the lane is open just not as good as a balanced or inside scorer
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:53 PM   #4
Rookie

I feel you, OG_Almighty. I played almost one year with Kobe's shot, but changed it today, because I missed way more open midrange shots and threes.

I also chose balanced, because I like a good midrange game and like to take it to the hoop, but I had a feeling that it was a mistake since the first second. Maybe I'm too idealistic. I feel like I did something stupid now when I see all those contested shots flying in probably from outside guys.

We are getting back to 2K15...
Old 10-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Yes dude, I thought I was the only one who's experiencing this. I play so *** in the park now, I'm so tempted to make a new player, definitely not balanced this time lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Is there any official 2K e-mail adress where I can complain about this ****? Some people make every well contested shot off the dribble against me and need just one milimeter of space to make a 3 off the dribble while my player can't make an open 3 off a screen if his life would depend on it. This is far from balanced. Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady, those guys are balanced to me and not outside shooters. And those guys could make a 3 now and then! Outside shooters are people like Ray Allen or Trevor Ariza if you ask me, who maybe even lack a good midrange shooting game. Those shooting percentages are ridiculous right now.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #7
Rookie

BlackMambaTheDream's Arena

Is there a reason why Balanced SG's have by far the lowest
Post Fadeaway rating? I was thinking about starting a new
myCareer soon trying to be a 6"6 MJ/Kobe type player.

Balanced would be the best for it i would say but a 69 Post
Fadeaway rating at max is concerning me...

Inside and Outside both have 79...does this make sense?
Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #8
Rookie

No. Especially since Kobe adapted the Dirk fadeaway in those last years making the news with it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »