Home

Almost about had enough of this game

This is a discussion on Almost about had enough of this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-25-2015, 04:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Almost about had enough of this game

We already know about all the major issues of this game... overpowered chasedown blocks on centers by point guards, transition/help D being absolutely atrocious, matchmaking issues..... bla bla. So I was playing some matches online today, already not having fun due to the above, when then the below happened to me...... in TWO consecutive games (pay attention to Dunleavy/Noah stamina meters):

can someone explain HTF my players are losing 20+ stamina while standing still waiting for an inbound pass in the course of 2 seconds.

fix this game already 2K and also get a new QA team

P.S. i know i'm probably gonna put this game in and play it tomorrow and repeat this process all over again

Last edited by jbl33333; 10-25-2015 at 04:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 04:50 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Almost about had enough of this game

I do feel like this is the Emperors new 2k. Everyone has built it up to be something it just isn't, so some simple backtracking is now really difficult. I play on HoF sim, and I'm in the playoffs at the end of my first full season. It just plays horribly. I've tried it on different difficulties too and the same issues appear regardless of the difficulty.

I'm the PG, so I carry the ball down a lot of the times, and just as I cross half way I have the opposition bumping me all over the place, so instantly I'm restricted in my abilities to take shots. I see play after play after play break down into nothing and the lines/play assistance just disappear, wasting time clock and then forcing me into some kind of attempted shot clock cheese emergency. But I've already been bumped and jostled so now the wide open shots I take and smack the line with just bounce off the rim.

I just dropped the difficult to SS Sim for the playoffs as I'm trying to find a way to enjoy this game rather than just beating it, and I can't find it. I get triple/quad dubs at will but it's no fun because the stupidity outweighs the fact I'm winning.

Shooting is a mess in this game. It just is. I've tried and mastered lots of different JS that just fall to pieces in game regardless of how open and how much you hit the line with it.

The continued forced turnovers that still plague this game, the freeze-you-to-the-spot defence that occurs occasionally to allow the oppo to blow past you at will, the ridiculous missed under the basket wide open layups and dunks from team mates. Team mates walking away from their matchups to create wide open 3's that the opposition just don't miss with the same regularity os Durant wide open 3's for my squad.

I'm not losing at this game, I'm winning in career mode (the only one I play), but it's a chore to play through it at the moment. I want so much to love this game but I feel like a battered wife at times. I can't stop going back to it, hoping that every time I pick it up it will have changed. It never does.

There is so much that's better about this game, but so much that is worse too, and the balance isn't right at the moment. I really look forward to gameplay patches, and hope some of this stuff can be ironed out. I'm a 93 overall now with all the badges I need, so I don't have to play career games.

Truth be told, I'm pretty happy that AC Syndicate was released this weekend, as it provides me the excuse I need to eject it and leave it alone. No doubt I'll come back to it in a few days, win a few games and think I can get past it's flaws, but then they'll turn round and smack me in the face all over again!
Old 10-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

It is 4th quarter with 2 minutes and 15 seconds left in the game. Your argument fails to clue us in on absolutely anything.

How long did those 2 play in the game? The stamina meter could have been adjusting fatigue during a break in the action. Maybe I am wrong but you need more evidence. Keep making videos and try to find other examples. Is this the only time it has happened to you? That is not a big enough sample size.

I am not attacking you, I'm merely suggesting that most things people complain about with this game is based on lack of sample size, just like everything in life people are quick to judge based on one outlier, rather than what happens 99 percent of the time (for example the threads claiming "OMG IM MISSING OPEN SHOTS!" Of course you are going to miss wide open shots dingus, you really thinkg you are supposed to make all of them?)
Old 10-25-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
It is 4th quarter with 2 minutes and 15 seconds left in the game. Your argument fails to clue us in on absolutely anything.

How long did those 2 play in the game? The stamina meter could have been adjusting fatigue during a break in the action. Maybe I am wrong but you need more evidence. Keep making videos and try to find other examples. Is this the only time it has happened to you? That is not a big enough sample size.

I am not attacking you, I'm merely suggesting that most things people complain about with this game is based on lack of sample size, just like everything in life people are quick to judge based on one outlier, rather than what happens 99 percent of the time (for example the threads claiming "OMG IM MISSING OPEN SHOTS!" Of course you are going to miss wide open shots dingus, you really thinkg you are supposed to make all of them?)

you know what, just realized there is a really old thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ina-issue.html) where someone else is seeing the same thing and I think he's right - I was experimenting with running zone defenses today and it happened on 3 separate occasions in 2 games straight. so this doesn't seem like one of those extreme outlier glitches.

another thread on the issue: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ed-online.html

regarding your comments. there's absolutely no way this behavior makes any sense. how can a break in the action where i'm standing around waiting for an inbound pass cause my player to lose 20+% stamina? and over a course of a couple seconds? if this is truly the way the game was programmed to "update stamina" then it's broken. it should be updating on a real-time basis.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Gonna start checking this out. It's probably a way the cpu cheats the user to win game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl33333
you know what, just realized there is a really old thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ina-issue.html) where someone else is seeing the same thing and I think he's right - I was experimenting with running zone defenses today and it happened on 3 separate occasions in 2 games straight. so this doesn't seem like one of those extreme outlier glitches.

another thread on the issue: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ed-online.html

regarding your comments. there's absolutely no way this behavior makes any sense. how can a break in the action where i'm standing around waiting for an inbound pass cause my player to lose 20+% stamina? and over a course of a couple seconds? if this is truly the way the game was programmed to "update stamina" then it's broken. it should be updating on a real-time basis.
Yep, looks like it could definitely be an issue. I will be looking at this tonight when I play some games.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:19 AM   #7
Banned

A possible stamina issue is huge, but the title of this thread won't get it very far.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
I do feel like this is the Emperors new 2k. Everyone has built it up to be something it just isn't, so some simple backtracking is now really difficult. I play on HoF sim, and I'm in the playoffs at the end of my first full season. It just plays horribly. I've tried it on different difficulties too and the same issues appear regardless of the difficulty.

I'm the PG, so I carry the ball down a lot of the times, and just as I cross half way I have the opposition bumping me all over the place, so instantly I'm restricted in my abilities to take shots. I see play after play after play break down into nothing and the lines/play assistance just disappear, wasting time clock and then forcing me into some kind of attempted shot clock cheese emergency. But I've already been bumped and jostled so now the wide open shots I take and smack the line with just bounce off the rim.

I just dropped the difficult to SS Sim for the playoffs as I'm trying to find a way to enjoy this game rather than just beating it, and I can't find it. I get triple/quad dubs at will but it's no fun because the stupidity outweighs the fact I'm winning.

Shooting is a mess in this game. It just is. I've tried and mastered lots of different JS that just fall to pieces in game regardless of how open and how much you hit the line with it.

The continued forced turnovers that still plague this game, the freeze-you-to-the-spot defence that occurs occasionally to allow the oppo to blow past you at will, the ridiculous missed under the basket wide open layups and dunks from team mates. Team mates walking away from their matchups to create wide open 3's that the opposition just don't miss with the same regularity os Durant wide open 3's for my squad.

I'm not losing at this game, I'm winning in career mode (the only one I play), but it's a chore to play through it at the moment. I want so much to love this game but I feel like a battered wife at times. I can't stop going back to it, hoping that every time I pick it up it will have changed. It never does.

There is so much that's better about this game, but so much that is worse too, and the balance isn't right at the moment. I really look forward to gameplay patches, and hope some of this stuff can be ironed out. I'm a 93 overall now with all the badges I need, so I don't have to play career games.

Truth be told, I'm pretty happy that AC Syndicate was released this weekend, as it provides me the excuse I need to eject it and leave it alone. No doubt I'll come back to it in a few days, win a few games and think I can get past it's flaws, but then they'll turn round and smack me in the face all over again!

Not being a fanboy here, but you''re judging the ENTIRE game based on your experience with 1 mode? What about the game as a whole? MyGm, MyLeague? Pro Am, My Park...Black Top? How do they fit?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »