Home

Loose balls go back to the offensive player almost all the time?

This is a discussion on Loose balls go back to the offensive player almost all the time? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Loose balls go back to the offensive player almost all the time?

Is it just me or does it seem like pretty much every time a ball is tipped out of an opposing player's hands that 90% of the time it's snatched back up by the offense for a quick score rather than being a true "50 - 50 ball" that can go either way?

It's gotten to the point where I avoid going for on ball steals as jostling the ball loose usually leads to a negative rather than positive outcome...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Loose balls go back to the offensive player almost all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
Is it just me or does it seem like pretty much every time a ball is tipped out of an opposing player's hands that 90% of the time it's snatched back up by the offense for a quick score rather than being a true "50 - 50 ball" that can go either way?

It's gotten to the point where I avoid going for on ball steals as jostling the ball loose usually leads to a negative rather than positive outcome...

I think we have two different games.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai

Yes your correct but 2k has tuned it down mightily where you hardly see it anymore like previous games.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Blocked shots NEARLY ALWAYS going back to the offense for an easy score has NOT changed. It continues to be a ridiculous issue. The AI on this issue has been awful for years and nothing is ever done about it. It's astounding to me.

When do you ever see a block resulting in the offense getting the ball, let alone putting it back in for a score? Hardly ever. Sad, sad, sad.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjb01
Blocked shots NEARLY ALWAYS going back to the offense for an easy score has NOT changed. It continues to be a ridiculous issue. The AI on this issue has been awful for years and nothing is ever done about it. It's astounding to me.

When do you ever see a block resulting in the offense getting the ball, let alone putting it back in for a score? Hardly ever. Sad, sad, sad.
It's about 50/50 for me, so I'm not having as big of an issue with it as you seem to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

It's improved a lot this year for sure . I have more of an issue with it going back to the CPU due to them having cat like reflexes
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #7
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

It always happens in My Career.

I block a layup on my man.
I become "out of position" while the offensive player who was just rejected is perfectly fine..
Allow offensive rebound.
Defensive breakdown.
Allow man to score.

It's actually like more detrimental to play good defense and block a shot at times. MY ai needs to react better when they see a block. People need to hustle to the loose ball or to cover for my man that just got blocked.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-25-2015, 12:20 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It's improved a lot this year for sure . I have more of an issue with it going back to the CPU due to them having cat like reflexes
Yeah it's way better than last year, and blocked CPU opponents often won't have the presence of mind to catch the ball after being blocked (though it sometimes happens). But the loose balls the CPU always has the jump on, and you and your AI teammates seem sluggish to react to. It's pretty lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »