Home

clunky & unresponsive

This is a discussion on clunky & unresponsive within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
clunky & unresponsive

does anyone else think think that player movement is extremely clunky and unresponsive? pinpoint directional driving is so important in basketball and it's damn near impossible to do it accurately with the way the players move and how they shoot out of animations. it was much better in 2k11 & 12 because players had more freedom of movement but it's just sooo clunky now. it's hard to get your player to go where you want him to go and make the move you're wanting him to. one of the many frustrations of 2k. what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #2
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Re: clunky & unresponsive

Nah, it feels fine to me.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

It could definitely use improvement....the way they neuter less talented ball handlers and slower players is a bit overdone IMO...the "bumping" by the CPU adds a bit to this too....you'll notice it's easier to move around in H2H games

For the most part though.....it'll be easier for you once you learn

1: when and when not to use turbo
2: to recognize what hand be ball is in, and if your in a realistic situation to make a move
3: to make precise movements with intention instead of chaining a bunch together...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

It's been this way for a bit. I kinda feel like I am on rollerskates. However, I am not sure how, and I try to fix it with slider adjustments, but there are times on both offense and defense where I feel like I am explosive and almost glued to the floor. Less herky jerky movements. It also seems that when it feels this way the cpu also makes much more precise movements.

I am desperately trying to find what makes this happen. The other night I left my PS4 on just so I wouldn't lose this feel. Sadly the next day I had to turn it off and for days now I am trying to fix it.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

2: to recognize what hand be ball is in, and if your in a realistic situation to make a move
3: to make precise movements with intention instead of chaining a bunch together...
All of this is good advice, as well as being more controlled with the left stick. Pushing it all the way in a direction when you just want to make slight movement leads to more lunge-y movement with inertia that takes time from which to recover. Just like in real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

I could be trippin, but it felt tighter upon release. I couldnt explain why that is.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:12 PM   #7
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It could definitely use improvement....the way they neuter less talented ball handlers and slower players is a bit overdone IMO...the "bumping" by the CPU adds a bit to this too....you'll notice it's easier to move around in H2H games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This x5000. I chain dribbles, but I'm looking for something as I'm doing so.

"Is he biting? If so, on what?"
"Do I need to string this until the payoff move? Can I cancel a few early to throw his rhythm off?"
"Has he fallen for X? Has he fallen for Y?"
"He picked up on this trick, did I show him that move too much? What outs do I have now that he's expecting this?"

This is how to break a guy down, not just chain dribbles. You look for subtleties and exploit them.

The most powerful move in my arsenal is knowing when to hit turbo. In particular...a slow walk up, jam turbo to explode as soon as they step up. I flat out dust faster PGS with this because they commit so hard, and don't expect a subtle left stick change of angle and speed.

Directions and tempo are under used

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

Last edited by ViolenceFight; 10-23-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:37 PM   #8
Pro

It feels excellent once your player is higher rated if you're talking about My Career.

Overall though, the movement needs a tweak in Simulation modes only. It's there to slow the pace of the game down which I really like, but the nerf to speed and acceleration already does this. There is no need to add being stuck in animations to it. The movement is HOF casual (besides the speed and acceleration) is perfect.

I said this in two other threads already, but I feel they are super close to making it perfect. HOF simulation is the closest thing to realism we've ever had. Just a few tweaks to defense and movement is all we need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »