Home

SF in the park

This is a discussion on SF in the park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3
SF in the park

Pretty useless. Too slow to stay with guards, too small for the centers and cant shoot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 12:53 AM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: SF in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56
Pretty useless. Too slow to stay with guards, too small for the centers and cant shoot
What type of SF did you create?

I would personally build a Rudy Gay and use his jumper but SF is no my craft, I'm more crafty as a G.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 01:01 AM   #3
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0

i made a balanced SF and my shooting maxes out at 80 close 78 mid and 75 3s. LOL. i was trying to trying to make a joe johnson from the past. and i got todays instead in pro ams im used for decoys and for easy layups lol
Old 10-23-2015, 01:02 AM   #4
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

I see more SFs in the park than I do PFs. I've NEVER seen a PF in the park or on pro am.

I feel SFs with maxed athleticism and scoring (both outside and inside) can be offensive beasts but you might struggle on D, especially if you use upgrades on rebounding.

A SF (any type tbh) with level 20 athleticism/inside scoring/jump shooting with 15 on defense (or 10 on defense and 5 on rebounding/playmaking if you care) would be good. I've ran into some good SFs in the park.

My PG is level 20 Athleticism/Defense and level 15 jump shooting and level 10 play making and I do pretty well
Old 10-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
Banned

We ran a PG, SF, C lineup in the park last night and it worked pretty well. Probably one of the easiest 20 game win streaks I've went on in a while. SF's did take a huge hit this year with the attribute caps but I know a select few who still get busy with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 08:43 AM   #6
Rookie

You're looking at it wrong. Small forwards are too big for guards and too fast for centers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #7
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

When I make a sf, I want a taller build that plays d and can hit a shot.

So I tried like 3 different times but all of the max attributes were pretty garbage and I just felt way too slow.

IMO a 6'8 sg will do what a sf can do, quicker and better shooter....not as good at posting up or rebounding but post ups are so easy to get stripped and rebounding is more about positioning a lot of times.

Also on defense, your blocks lower but you still block a lot of shots..it's just how 16 is. But since you're a 2 you can move side to side a lot faster.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
When I make a sf, I want a taller build that plays d and can hit a shot.

So I tried like 3 different times but all of the max attributes were pretty garbage and I just felt way too slow.

IMO a 6'8 sg will do what a sf can do, quicker and better shooter....not as good at posting up or rebounding but post ups are so easy to get stripped and rebounding is more about positioning a lot of times.

Also on defense, your blocks lower but you still block a lot of shots..it's just how 16 is. But since you're a 2 you can move side to side a lot faster.
The SF in my squad sometimes plays stretch 4 so he values rebounding , blocking , low post defense , standing layup , post scoring , contact dunk , standing dunks etc... more
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »