Home

Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even pick.

This is a discussion on Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even pick. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even pick.

Just beat the CPU on Hall of Fame, simulation difficulty without calling any plays, not even a single pick, ANDDDDD only using one player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFkBOu_W91Q

Anthony Davis: 72 points on 31/40 shooting

To perform this winning strategy, all you need to do is select Anthony Davis' position as your "Preferred Position" in the options and then turbo him to the other side of the court every possession. You can even do this while using him for defense too!

This is not a post to brag (as this is obviously cheese of the lowest scumbag variety) but rather to further show how broken the defense in this game is.. I know the Mavs are awful but cmon.... 72 pts in HOF difficulty by ONE player without even trying? Anthony Davis is one of the fastest players in the game so this could theoretically work against any team which has slower bigs than him (read: every single NBA team)

If this works against a HOF CPU, then it'll definitely work against unexpecting online players. How are we gonna counter this cheese? Is there even a chance we can expect that 2K is paying attention to our complaints and will try to fix the mind-bogglingly awful full-court passing/off-ball transition D in the game?

Last edited by jbl33333; 10-21-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #2
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even p

I can't make those full court passes on Pro, but you have video evidence making them on HoF.

I gotta step my game up.

But yes, a big problem is that bigs do not hustle back on defense. You can beat them nearly all the time just by turboing back.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
Rookie

BlackMambaTheDream's Arena

Re: Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even p

Everybody knows that the transition defense is atrocious to
say the least and will hopefully be adressed soon.

Even the CPU uses these half or even full court passes into
the paint sometimes. I only play myCareer so it's not a huge problem
for me as for others but it really hurts my eyes watching
that video lol. Even though it's possible to do this i will never
understand why anyone would EVER do this.

Last edited by BlackMambaTheDream; 10-21-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Thank you for this video.. perfect examples of what the main defensive issue is right now.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Lord, look at some of these passes lmao.

It's like they bumped up the CPU on ball defense and then ignored everything else on that side of the ball. My God I've never seen such awful help defense AI in a 2K game like I've seen in this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaTheDream
Everybody knows that the transition defense is atrocious to
say the least and will hopefully be adressed soon.

Even the CPU uses these half or even full court passes into
the paint sometimes. I only play myCareer so it's not a huge problem
for me as for others but it really hurts my eyes watching
that video lol. Even though it's possible to do this i will never
understand why anyone would EVER do this.
I actually played against someone who was destroying me with this and I was wondering why. I looked into the stats and found out that Anthony Davis has 82 speed / 80 acceleration. His speed is faster than Chris Paul! No wonder this garbage works.

Last edited by jbl33333; 10-21-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #7
Rookie

BlackMambaTheDream's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl33333
I actually played against someone who was destroying me with this and I was wondering why. I looked into the stats and found out that Anthony Davis has 82 speed / 80 acceleration. His speed is faster than Chris Paul! No wonder this garbage works.
So he has the same speed as my 6"4 Inside SG in my myCareer reaching his speed cap?
That's interesting...
Old 10-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

"Gameplan is to run the offense through Anthony Davis" lol And you did exactly that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »