Home

Need Playbook Help

This is a discussion on Need Playbook Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need Playbook Help

Whenever I try to add plays to my offensive playbook it shows on the screen, even with my audibles. Once I get into a game or practice none of the new plays or formations are there, anybody know why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Need Playbook Help

Are you sure you are switching to the custom playbook prior to starting the game?

If you start with the Lions playbook and add plays to it those plays are not added to the lions playbook, it creates a new playbook that you have to manually select on the controller select screen.

Also there is a bug where even if the custom playbook is saved as the playbook of choice you still have to go into the advanced settings screen for the game to register the playbook
Old 10-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Are you sure you are switching to the custom playbook prior to starting the game?

If you start with the Lions playbook and add plays to it those plays are not added to the lions playbook, it creates a new playbook that you have to manually select on the controller select screen.

Also there is a bug where even if the custom playbook is saved as the playbook of choice you still have to go into the advanced settings screen for the game to register the playbook
Yes this ^^ would be my guess as well.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Yeah, I make sure I switch to it every time and the new plays aren't there.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am also having the hardest time with this. I spent a few hours making an offensive playbook nearly from scratch. Started with the philly book and removed nearly all plays. Added all other formations and plays I wanted. Saved it. Did the whole advanced settings save stuff for the playbooks to show up in game like I always have with my other playbooks I've made. More than half of my formations don't show up in the game. I am clueless what to do. Very aggravating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle21
I am also having the hardest time with this. I spent a few hours making an offensive playbook nearly from scratch. Started with the philly book and removed nearly all plays. Added all other formations and plays I wanted. Saved it. Did the whole advanced settings save stuff for the playbooks to show up in game like I always have with my other playbooks I've made. More than half of my formations don't show up in the game. I am clueless what to do. Very aggravating.
I think your mistake was removing nearly all the original plays. I think that is when the game starts getting confused.

I created a custom playbook where I used the Ravens as a base. I have not had any problems with it, and even better the playbook is arranged normally in the game, none of the usual problems I encountered in the past.

Instead of trying to build a PB from scratch, do it on a formation by formation basis.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
Banned

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-playbook.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »