Home

The '87 Lakers are the BEST team in the game

This is a discussion on The '87 Lakers are the BEST team in the game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow The '87 Lakers are the BEST team in the game

I've been playing with them in Play Now Online and oh boy. This team is probably better than all of the Bulls teams and I'll tell you why.

- Magic Johnson: His creates a mismatch for every single team in this game. Even guys like Gary Payton and Penny can't stop him. Just post him up and go to work. He has a 98 POST HOOK. 83 mid range jumper. 75 3pt jumper. 2K made him CRAZY good this year.

Kareem: The guy is an absolute monster on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. 7'2 with a 99 POST HOOK. Destroy the jordan bulls by eating up Luc Longley down low. And if they switch Rodman on Kareem, put Big Game James at PF and go to work against whoever is there. Kareem though is probably the most unstoppable player in this game once you've mastered the post game.

Michael Cooper: Lockdown defender that can lockdown any perimeter star. He also has an 82 3pt shot and 85 dunk plus runs the floor like a boss.

Byron Scott: 89 mid and 90 3pt shot. You can run him off of screens and if your opponent starts to double Magic or Kareem just kick it out to Byron or Coop for the open J.

As long as Magic or Kareem is on the floor, you will create a mismatch somewhere. Worthy is also a beast down in the low post and can eat against most SFs down there. This team is unbelievable. And if you run the Triangle with them....ohhhhhhh lord.....game over.

These classic teams are great this year. The Lakers, Bucks, and even '13 Heat are all teams equal or better than the Jordan Bulls so there's soooooo much variety to choose from online. Oh and DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE '08 CELTICS. KG is the MAN.

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
The '87 Lakers are the BEST team in the game

Literally every time I play with the 86 Lakers I win by 20 or more. They are literally unbeatable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The '87 Lakers are the BEST team in the game

As a Laker fan I am heavily biased of course, but I think that the '87 Lakers are the best team of all time.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
As a Laker fan I am heavily biased of course, but I think that the '87 Lakers are the best team of all time.
I was going to say, they are arguably the best team of all time. This shouldn't be a shocker.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

nice they got the rights to Kareem this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I've been playing with them in Play Now Online and oh boy. This team is probably better than all of the Bulls teams and I'll tell you why.

- Magic Johnson: His creates a mismatch for every single team in this game. Even guys like Gary Payton and Penny can't stop him. Just post him up and go to work. He has a 98 POST HOOK. 83 mid range jumper. 75 3pt jumper. 2K made him CRAZY good this year.

Kareem: The guy is an absolute monster on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. 7'2 with a 99 POST HOOK. Destroy the jordan bulls by eating up Luc Longley down low. And if they switch Rodman on Kareem, put Big Game James at PF and go to work against whoever is there. Kareem though is probably the most unstoppable player in this game once you've mastered the post game.

Michael Cooper: Lockdown defender that can lockdown any perimeter star. He also has an 82 3pt shot and 85 dunk plus runs the floor like a boss.

Byron Scott: 89 mid and 90 3pt shot. You can run him off of screens and if your opponent starts to double Magic or Kareem just kick it out to Byron or Coop for the open J.

As long as Magic or Kareem is on the floor, you will create a mismatch somewhere. Worthy is also a beast down in the low post and can eat against most SFs down there. This team is unbelievable. And if you run the Triangle with them....ohhhhhhh lord.....game over.

These classic teams are great this year. The Lakers, Bucks, and even '13 Heat are all teams equal or better than the Jordan Bulls so there's soooooo much variety to choose from online. Oh and DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE '08 CELTICS. KG is the MAN.

Why did you tell everyone my secret?!! Not fair lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2015, 07:44 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

I absolutely love this team in this years game. fast breaks are killer against other teams. I'm going to try and recreate this scheme in my Lakers MyGM.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:49 PM   #8
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0

The team that matches up to them I have found is the T-Mac Rockets, Put Battier on Magic, T-mac on Worthy, Bobby J on Byron and leave Scola and Yao guarding there positions. The combo of Yao and Dikembe do a good job on Kareem and Battier is crazy good on this game since D can actually be played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »