Home

If the ball PASSES THROUGH MY BODY one more time!!

This is a discussion on If the ball PASSES THROUGH MY BODY one more time!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

Come on 2K fix this crap! This is complete BS! The amount of morphing/clipping in this game is unbearable at times smh. It's one thing if a player's hand or arm fuses through another player (that I can deal with on occasion), but when someone can pass the ball right through my body as if I'm not even there it completely throws the competitive balance of the game right out the window smh. It ruins the integrity of the game. What's the point of playing solid defense only to have this BS happen? Not to mention the countless times I should've had a steal only to have my hand morph right through the ball. If this was happening occasionally I wouldn't even be compaining, but it happens all the time smh.

This has been a problem for years & I know why 2K allows this to happen. They're worried if they fix this by allowing ball tangibility, physics & collision detection to kick in all times then there will be too many turnovers in the game & people will complain. I say to that SO BE IT! I would rather have a game that fully respects competitive balance & integrity than a game that allows players to be able to pass the ball right through your body, shoot the ball through the backboard, etc.. Not to mention how much of an immersion killer it is to see it happen.

I know some will say it doesn't bother them & that's fine, but for someone like me who looks at 2K basketball as the king of simulation sports gaming, I expect better from them. I know they have the tools to fix this if they choose to. It's to the point where I had to put the game down & I'm losing my urge to play it because of this. It's sad because the game is so great other than this legacy issue. Please fix this 2K!

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 10-11-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: If the ball PASSES THROUGH MY BODY one more time!!

Are you talking about bout the yoyo effect that happens on a fast break?
Old 10-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_legend417
Are you talking about bout the yoyo effect that happens on a fast break?
No I'm just talking about in general. Like I said this has been happening for years. Players should not be able to pass the ball completely through another player's body. It ruins the game for me.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

Preach. CPU does this non stop around the rim.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
Rookie

What really annoys me is that the CPU seems to different physics rules than your player (I play mainly mycareer). The CPU is constantly running past my player and kicking the ball out of his hands, WITHOUT a kicked ball foul called making it even more annoying, or will insta steal it on their way past as they follow another player around the court.

My player on the other hand, if I perfectly anticipate a move and go for a steal, my hand will just ghost straight through the ball like the physics have been basically turned off. I've had the CPU do a behind the back/crossover and their whole arm along with the ball just goes straight through me without effecting the ball at all.

I suspect the CPU AI isn't actually very good and needs some help from this sort of cheese to keep the game "balanced".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #6
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Man I'd be happy if CPU bugs could stop stripping the ball from my guards on their way up for layups.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

This problem can be easily solved by giving us a 'ball tangibility' SLIDER.

Let gamers manually ADJUST how much 'ghosting' they can tolerate while playing this game.

The 2k Devs have included sliders for darn near everything else in the game... just give us a slider to let gamers decide for ourselves how many 'laws of physics' we enjoy seeing broken.

The community will work it out on their own.

Problem solved.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Black
This problem can be easily solved by giving us a 'ball tangibility' SLIDER.

Let gamers manually ADJUST how much 'ghosting' they can tolerate while playing this game.

The 2k Devs have included sliders for darn near everything else in the game... just give us a slider to let gamers decide for ourselves how many 'laws of physics' we enjoy seeing broken.

The community will work it out on their own.

Problem solved.
Baaaammm!! Won't help in online modes though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »