Home

In game adverts?

This is a discussion on In game adverts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
In game adverts?

I don't know about the rest of you but I find the hourly pop ups reminding me about VC sales completely unacceptable. I mean just f**k off already. I didn't pay $50 to be constantly pestered by in game ads. It's bad enough they keep releasing 2K full of ridiculous bugs which could have been easily picked up during QA and fixed easily (grey background player closeups during mycareer bug for example).

Each year it seems to be more about pushing VC sales rather then making a better game and it's really starting to sour the whole experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #2
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: In game adverts?

actually you did pay for ads... it's their game which you bought they can advertise anything they want inside of it.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
actually you did pay for ads... it's their game which you bought they can advertise anything they want inside of it.
Not really, no.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroblackstar
Not really, no.
Yes really, yes. I don't think you know how the world works.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Lol man they can flash that 75% off VC a million times. I still want spend one buck on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Yes really, yes. I don't think you know how the world works.
To be pedantic, it's a hard fact that they cannot advertise whatever they like as there are regulations and restrictions, I believe it's something to do with "how the world works" but I wouldn't know. Likewise it's a fact that I bought a full price console game and not a free-to-play-but-with-ads-connect-the-gems-phone-game. I wouldn't mind getting told there is a promotion running on an in game item, I resent however getting a popup I can't turn off every hour of play so far constantly reminding me about it. Do you really want to deal with constant irritating adverts for in game purchases in a game you've already paid for and that year after year designs the game to encourage more purchasing? Bending over and accepting it is exactly how the world gets that way in the first place.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimp14
Lol man they can flash that 75% off VC a million times. I still want spend one buck on it.
There's quite a few people who have bought the offer....and not got the free VC, I bet seeing the constant popups reminded them of how they've been effectively ripped off isn't nice either
Old 10-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroblackstar
To be pedantic, it's a hard fact that they cannot advertise whatever they like as there are regulations and restrictions, I believe it's something to do with "how the world works" but I wouldn't know. Likewise it's a fact that I bought a full price console game and not a free-to-play-but-with-ads-connect-the-gems-phone-game. I wouldn't mind getting told there is a promotion running on an in game item, I resent however getting a popup I can't turn off every hour of play so far constantly reminding me about it. Do you really want to deal with constant irritating adverts for in game purchases in a game you've already paid for and that year after year designs the game to encourage more purchasing? Bending over and accepting it is exactly how the world gets that way in the first place.
They can advertise whatever maintains their "E" rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »