Home

In game substitution issue

This is a discussion on In game substitution issue within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
In game substitution issue

how does it work? when i try to make a sub it changes other players in the lineup as well. what am i doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: In game substitution issue

Use the right stick to select the player you would like to sub in. there a thread about this in teach me how
Old 10-09-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
how does it work? when i try to make a sub it changes other players in the lineup as well. what am i doing wrong?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gy-thread.html

We will use two buttons to do manual substitutions on the fly:
(A) Right analog stick
(B) R1 (or L1)

Press down on the D-pad brings up the 1st substitution screen (current lineup on the floor). The player to be substituted out will have his name up top on the 2nd substitution screen (available bench warmers or substitutes).

GOAL: First substitution picture below. We will substitute Curry. Push up on the right analog stick will select Curry to be substituted out ("UP" corresponds to Curry; if wanting to sub out Klay Thompson, push "DOWN" on the right analog stick; if wanting to sub out H.Barnes, push "LEFT" on the right analog stick; if wanting to sub D.Green, push "RIGHT" on the right analog stick; "CLICKING" the right analog stick (R3) will select Andrew Bogut to be substituted out).

This will automatically bring up a 2nd screen showing most of the available players you can replace Curry with. Press R1 or L1 to show the rest of the bench players you can replace Curry with. There is a maximum of two pages worth of available substitutes.

NOTE: Unfortunately, nothing will highlight. Curry's name will not change color. The only way to tell who is getting subbed out will be seeing the player's name positioned at the top in the 2nd screen ("Toggle Page" substitution screen)

Court
(Players on the floor/court) vs. Toggle Page (available substitutes/bench warmers)

At the bottom of the substitution screen are the words "Court" and "Toggle Screen":
(A) "Court" is an indication that the existing substitution screen represents all 5 players currently on the basketball court.
(B) "Toggle Page" is an indication that the existing substitution screen represents the player that you would like to sub out and bench warmers that you would like to sub into the game. Hit R1 or L1 to bring up other available substitutes/bench warmers.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-09-2015, 02:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

thanks for the info helped a lot. ill be sure to look in that thread. but wtf did they make it so complicated. seems like they over thought this which should not have been changed in the first place

also i wish we could change the different type of line ups: tall, bench, etc to whatever we want
Old 10-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #5
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
thanks for the info helped a lot. ill be sure to look in that thread. but wtf did they make it so complicated. seems like they over thought this which should not have been changed in the first place

also i wish we could change the different type of line ups: tall, bench, etc to whatever we want
You can in the the pregame load screen.

Just cycle through the premade lineups and put the players you want in them. I do it every game. We've had that option for a while now.

One thing I don't understand though, is why we can't cycle through lineup types if we pause the game and go into the substitution screen from there. Would like to be able to edit pre-made lineups during the game too.

Last edited by manu1433; 10-09-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 03:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

They certainly over thought this. It works once you get used to it, but it's hardly an improvement.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #7
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

They should just use the face buttons, sometimes the stick doesn't register and it eats up all my shot clock just trying to sub a guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »