Home

Rosters question concerning PS3/360

This is a discussion on Rosters question concerning PS3/360 within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2015, 08:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10

I must have missed recent developments in the NHL series. Or nobody's playing it anymore? I get that the PS4/XBOX1 versions don't let you share rosters anymore (wow, does that suck) but...

1. Am I the only one playing Legacy this year on PS3?? I'm actually a bit surprised. I don't get this whole insistence on staying on NHL15 or older. I have to have the new schedule and even if its only a few new players, I've gotta have those too. So, I figure I must be missing something.
2. Is anyone going to be making rosters for NHL16 on PS3?

I like hockey too much and like playing NHL too much to bother with what you should and shouldn't get for the money. In my eyes, after playing every year since '93 and remembering the limitations we had back then, I just couldn't care less about starting a rant war about what EA does and doesn't owe us. I just wanna play and have fun. Anyone with me?

If anyone can help me understand my questions, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 10-08-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Benglez's Arena

OVR: 2

I am playing Legacy on the PS3 I even did a roster with the lines updated from Dailyfaceoff as of last sunday, I created 11 players, among them: Eichel, Hanifin, Plotnikov, Kalinin, Nilsson, Medvedev, Larkin...relocated McDavid from OHL to Edmonton, etc....Two things: first I think the rosters are now restricted, you have to do the "resign" thingy... which I don't have a clue...second:: as the puck dropped wednesday, I realized that the lines from sunday in the Dailyfaceoff.com where some how different from the real thing on wednesday...so I'm waiting for the second official EA Update of the opening day rosters...which I think should be out next week...If you still interested in my roster file, I'll be glad to post it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Benglez; 10-09-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Rosters question concerning PS3/360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benglez
second:: as the puck dropped wednesday, I realized that the lines from sunday in the Dailyfaceoff.com where some how different from the real thing on wednesday...
Well, yes, they would naturally have been different because on Sunday, daily faceoff had no way of knowing what all the coaches were going to do. So, it's not usually worth it to set lineups until a few games have passed, and even then some times will switch lines around for weeks. Best thing to do is just set the most used players from the first week or so. Unless you're going to change every team, every game and continue that ALL season, you'll never be accurate anyway. It's very rare for any team to use exactly the same lineups in every game anyway.

I'd love to take a look at your roster set. How did you create those players? What resources did you use?
Old 10-10-2015, 12:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Benglez's Arena

You're right,...not much case in trying to replicate sunday before opening day rosters...I understood that when I had 2 or 3 teams to go...so I finished the roster that way anyway I realized it's not very funny playing as the Red Wings without Datsyuk., just to name a case...
Now, to create those players first I checked out NHL15 or 14 to see if they were there, of course trying to update their ratings, but that was a good place to start in a couple of cases...then player bios in websites like eliteprospects, or hockeyfuture,...for the general data like weight, height and birthplace well that is found in any general wiki site, and also for ratings, specially from KHL players I even watch a couple of videos,....for Eichel I followed a thread from Operation Sports about creating him in NHL14 I think....of course all these tools are not 100% accurate to rate a player, but again the best way to rate a player is to know the player, and specially those from the KHL were very difficult to track...but well I created them anyway...Tomorrow I will post those rosters. hoping they are useful....Night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Benglez; 10-10-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benglez
Tomorrow I will post those rosters. hoping they are useful....Night!
Looking forward to it. Apparently the new NHLViewNG is close to being ready which will help to set the rosters faster but I think by then, I'll have started my season already. I've never successfully been able to edit rosters within a Season file with NHLView despite following all the instructions listed around here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Benglez's Arena

Well, this is the file matching the lines posted on dailyfaceoff.com last sunday, the file it's not resigned, If somebody could do this, feel free then to edit, update, rerate...etc..

It's a file based on the EA first official roster update from the 23 of September, Made a ton of AHL/OHL to NHL moves and checking my notes the 11 players I created were:

Jack Eichel (Buff), Sergei Plotnikov (Pitt), Sergey Kalinin (NJD), Noah Hanifin (Car), Artemi Panarin (Chi), Jakub Nakladal (Calg), Kyle Baun (Chi), Anders Nilsson (Edm), Dylan Larkin (Det), Anton Slepyshev (Edm) and Yevgeni Medvedev (Phi).

Hope you find this file useful someway...
Attached Files
File Type: zip PS3.zip (2.40 MB, 57 views)
Old 10-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Will EA come out with their own roster update, like before? They've had a couple so far, but nothing since the season has started. Maybe they are waiting for all the teams to complete their first game. Anyone know?

EDIT: This is for NHL Legacy on PS3.

Last edited by Nextel Husker; 10-10-2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Adding more information.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
Will EA come out with their own roster update, like before? They've had a couple so far, but nothing since the season has started. Maybe they are waiting for all the teams to complete their first game. Anyone know?
EDIT: This is for NHL Legacy on PS3.
Players can't be put in the video game until they play in an NHL game. I imagine EA is waiting until everyone plays to release the new roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »