Home

Cheating Madden CPU

This is a discussion on Cheating Madden CPU within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cheating Madden CPU

Is it me or is the Madden CPU cheating to try and keep the game "competitive"? Now I dont mind losing games actually I rather lose some games as it keeps the game interesting; I just hate losing to BS. For example, its 3rd and 4 you pass the ball to your TE and he catches the ball but it gets knocked out of his hand everytime he is past the first down markers; if its behind the line he catches it but is short of the 1st. Next you try and run ball with running back but he gets hit 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage once the ball gets to the running back. My worst enemy is going deep your wr catches it and it gets knocked out and then the saftey who is like 40 yards away flies to the ball and INTs the ball. Dont mind trying to complete the goals because it becomes extremely difficult for you to complete it. Let say it tell you to score a passing TD, You make the first pass but it gets called back due to a hold call now your 1 and 20 then you try to make the passes and you get sacked, players drop the ball or a turnover occurs. Running goal your rb cant get out the back field if he does theres a holding call. It also seems that rating holds no baring in games either.
Is it me or is this an issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Cheating Madden CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by onin9190
Is it me or is the Madden CPU cheating to try and keep the game "competitive"? Now I dont mind losing games actually I rather lose some games as it keeps the game interesting; I just hate losing to BS. For example, its 3rd and 4 you pass the ball to your TE and he catches the ball but it gets knocked out of his hand everytime he is past the first down markers; if its behind the line he catches it but is short of the 1st. Next you try and run ball with running back but he gets hit 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage once the ball gets to the running back. My worst enemy is going deep your wr catches it and it gets knocked out and then the saftey who is like 40 yards away flies to the ball and INTs the ball. Dont mind trying to complete the goals because it becomes extremely difficult for you to complete it. Let say it tell you to score a passing TD, You make the first pass but it gets called back due to a hold call now your 1 and 20 then you try to make the passes and you get sacked, players drop the ball or a turnover occurs. Running goal your rb cant get out the back field if he does theres a holding call. It also seems that rating holds no baring in games either.
Is it me or is this an issue?
I don't know if it's an issue, but I have experienced similar situations. The one situation that bugs me the most is ineligible receiver downfield and it's my wide receiver. Now why in heavens name my wide receiver is ineligible is beyond me. I looked at the replay and saw nothing unusual. I've seen that happen more than once, and each time it was on a completed TD pass.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Saints kicker missed a red zone field goal to win it last night. Things happen in football.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I don't know if it's an issue, but I have experienced similar situations. The one situation that bugs me the most is ineligible receiver downfield and it's my wide receiver. Now why in heavens name my wide receiver is ineligible is beyond me. I looked at the replay and saw nothing unusual. I've seen that happen more than once, and each time it was on a completed TD pass.
I've never seen an ineligible receiver penalty. I HAVE seen illegal touching (which means the player crossed the boundary lines, came back in and caught the ball), and that penalty is most likely to occur around the goal line.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
Rookie

jcass10's Arena

OVR: 2

My biggest complaint has come from opposing QB's becoming God in the 4th quarter.

I was playing against Geno Smith in my fantasy drafted league. My CB's are pretty good (Patrick Peterson and Logan Ryan). I started off pretty great. Geno was like 11 for 23 for 120 yards, or around there. I was pretty happy with that, because its similar to his usual numbers.

Once the 4th quarter hit he was 13 for 13 for 270 yards and 2 TD's. Thankfully I took a big enough lead that I was able to hold them off.

I played plenty of different defensive sets in an attempt to slow them down, but it didnt matter. 3 steps back, wide receiver wide open. Constantly.

I cant be the only one seeing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

There is a Momentum engine in this game... The higher the difficulty the more noticeable. All Madden is pretty severe both ways.

When Momentum is against you:

- You over/under throw receivers
- Those bad throws become picks very easily
- You drop passes
- You get holding calls on good plays
- Increased chance of fumbling

When for you:

- All of the above work for you and then some

On All madden in franchise on the road.... You literally have to survive entire quarters of momentum until you can big play it to shift to yourself. You can come back then from 20 pts or more down as everything works to your favor.

I actually like this as it adds a level of intrigue to your franchise games that otherwise are uneventful blowouts that give you no challenge. You have to recognize when it is against you and play accordingly....
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 10-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I've never seen an ineligible receiver penalty. I HAVE seen illegal touching (which means the player crossed the boundary lines, came back in and caught the ball), and that penalty is most likely to occur around the goal line.
I've seen it, and I've seen it on both PS4 and xbox one. In fact, I saw it on consecutive games. I watched the replay and the WR never stepped out of bounds. There was nothing I could see that warranted that ineligible receiver downfield. And, so far it happens only on a TD pass.

I have Madden 16 on PS4 and xbox one.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Not complaining but I just finished a game @cardinals in my Vikings cfm. I was up 24-22 with 1:00 to go and it was 3rd and 22. I ran a handoff to McKinnon he took it 5 yards. With :16 secs to go I punted the ball to Patrick Patterson. The ball was caught at the 23 yd line. I usered the first tackler and hit sticked him with trae Waynes, he broke that tackle and wasn't touched again and returned the punt 70 some odd yards as time expired. I lost 24-29. I am speechless. If that's not the cpu cheating I don't know what is. Next time I kick it out of bounds. Damn!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »