Home

I Just Hate The Leveling Up System In This Game

This is a discussion on I Just Hate The Leveling Up System In This Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

OVR: 0
I Just Hate The Leveling Up System In This Fantastic Game

First off, 2K is absolutely remarkable this year. Especially The Park. Yet, after playing about 52 games so far I'm still a PRO Level 1 Player in the Park, the level up bar won't seem to no longer move. I play with random ball hogs each day who don't understand the concept of team ball, I'm usually able to get in 5-6 points per game. A few assists, steals and rebounds. Yet, it seems after each game I barely get any XP points. The bar barely even moves up. I usually get scores of C's and B's. It's completely frustrating.

Is there any other way I can level up my player better besides playing in the park? Last year the leveling up system was much better. At least it wasn't extremely stingy. As of now I'm about to give up playing in the park since my level up bar has some kind of frozen bug or something. Thinking of moving on to PRO AM.

Last edited by kobe2theMAX; 10-05-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I Just Hate The Leveling Up System In This Game

Game's been out a week. Don't you want it to last a year? Leveling up slowly is good for longevity. What's your rush?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Game's been out a week. Don't you want it to last a year? Leveling up slowly is good for longevity. What's your rush?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

70 games and stuck on level 1 seems kind of excessive though.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

No rush at all. Just wondering why the leveling up system is 100 times slower this year? I barely get any XP points after each game if even if I have a fantastic game with 14 points and 5 rebounds. Yes the game has been out a week or so, but there are TONS of people who are already level 5, or even ALL-Star's. Some are even almost legends already. Not sure how they are leveling up so fast? But maybe obviously they are boosting with squads. I rather not boost or anything. That would be cheating to get to where I want to be.

Correction For My Orginal Post - Made A Error - I've Actually Played 52 Games so far. Not 70. Yet, It does feel like 70. I should actually be a level 2 by now.

Last edited by kobe2theMAX; 10-04-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:46 PM   #5
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Maybe there's just a bug in my copy or something. Seriously, If I even score 20 points along with 6 rebounds and 6 assists I barely would get any xp. I will do a video soon to show exactly what's been going on with my problems earning XP in The Park.

By the way, everything else in 2K this year is absolutely remarkable. Especially the defense system. Defense is better than ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Level 1 as in Rookie 1? It only took me around 10-15 games to get to Pro 1. I've got 130 wins now and I'm about halfway to All-Star 2. What kind of ratings are you getting? A's? Maybe your bar is stuck. Mine was for two days in the beginning.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingW
Level 1 as in Rookie 1? It only took me around 10-15 games to get to Pro 1. I've got 130 wins now and I'm about halfway to All-Star 2. What kind of ratings are you getting? A's? Maybe your bar is stuck. Mine was for two days in the beginning.
It must be definitely stuck. I'm PRO 1 also (For the longest time since XP bar doesn't appear to move). Usually I get C's and B's per game in the Park.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:13 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe2theMAX
It must be definitely stuck. I'm PRO 1 also (For the longest time since XP bar doesn't appear to move). Usually I get C's and B's per game in the Park.
Well, that is lame. With that many games I'd figure you would hover around Pro 3 or 4. There is methods you could try, though I'm not 100% sure they will work. I'd look up redcityboi23 on youtube, because I think he had the same problem but found a solution to get it unfroze.

You should also try going for B ratings and up, because the rep system is harsh this year. Depending on what type of position you play, set a lot of screens and try passing a lot to get "good pass". I started playing Park like I did last year, with a lot of holding the ball for too long and I barely scraped C+ in the beginning, haha.

Last edited by KingW; 10-05-2015 at 12:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »