Home

AI Coach Adjustments isn't adjusting anything.

This is a discussion on AI Coach Adjustments isn't adjusting anything. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AI Coach Adjustments isn't adjusting anything.

That little toggle in Coach Settings simply doesn't do anything. Scott OG (2k Developer who wrote the defense blog) mentioned that if you want your team to adjust the way that the CPU adjusts, then switch it on and it will adjust automatically. I'm seeing no such thing. My defenders constantly leave guys open while I'm trying my best to play defense on the guy I'm guarding. Should I just set it to manual and adjust it myself with the defensive setting they gave us?

What are your experiences with your AI teammate's defensive abilities so far?

I play on All Star Simulation and play mostly quick games (waiting for the actual NBA season to start so that I can start a MyGM/My League)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
Banned

Re: AI Coach Adjustments isn't adjusting anything.

I seem to be in the minority, but I'm having huge issues with cpu teammate defense. Just seeing so many fundamental glitches, guys not staying between their man and the basket simple stuff like that. Leads to tons of wide open baskets in paint for cpu opponent. Really frustrating. Maybe I've messed with the sliders too much and confused everything idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I have it on manual (usually play online) otherwise when you try to change the defender of the best offensive player it changes right back.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux1000
I seem to be in the minority, but I'm having huge issues with cpu teammate defense. Just seeing so many fundamental glitches, guys not staying between their man and the basket simple stuff like that. Leads to tons of wide open baskets in paint for cpu opponent. Really frustrating. Maybe I've messed with the sliders too much and confused everything idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redux I completely agree. I haven't messed with sliders yet, but I'm seeing some fundamental flaws with the defense. Transition defense, paint defense and simple defensive concepts such as hedging properly or helping the helper on a pick and roll, I'm not seeing it in the game. In the past I wouldn't really expect it to be in the game but I was so excited when I read that blog and saw those videos on defense, I was sure that defensive AI would be better but instead I'm seeing the help coming too late, bad hedges leading to open layups/dunks and wide open shots in transition because my CPU teammates don't pick up their man. Czar said there would be a sizable ACE update once the game comes out so I'm waiting for that to see if anything changes. As of right now though, I still see some fundamental basketball flaws on the defensive side of the ball
Old 10-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkballer91
Redux I completely agree. I haven't messed with sliders yet, but I'm seeing some fundamental flaws with the defense. Transition defense, paint defense and simple defensive concepts such as hedging properly or helping the helper on a pick and roll, I'm not seeing it in the game. In the past I wouldn't really expect it to be in the game but I was so excited when I read that blog and saw those videos on defense, I was sure that defensive AI would be better but instead I'm seeing the help coming too late, bad hedges leading to open layups/dunks and wide open shots in transition because my CPU teammates don't pick up their man. Czar said there would be a sizable ACE update once the game comes out so I'm waiting for that to see if anything changes. As of right now though, I still see some fundamental basketball flaws on the defensive side of the ball
Good stuff! These should definitely be improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »