Home

Am I The One?(NBA 2K16 has a serious problem)

This is a discussion on Am I The One?(NBA 2K16 has a serious problem) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10

I feel like Neo from Matrix because all I am hearing is how this is the best sports game ever from respected people all accross the internet but I played the game in less than one hour on September 25 and knew something wasn't right(aka a glitch in the matrix) but couldn't put a finger on it. But I eventually took the red pill to enter the painful world of reality that NBA 2K16 is fundamentally flawwed. I am hoping that I bring this to light and "open" the eyes of others so we can have the greatest sports game of all time or you can continue to take the blue pill but I am going to show you what is happening in this game that drives me nuts lol. Seriously , I understand it is me against the world on this but I can no longer say nothing as this game is one patch away from greatness.

Things I was noticing was from one day was

1. Frequent Defensive 3 seconds call
2. Mixmatch defense at a high level without reason
3. player confusion(ie players just leaving players)

Now let me say these are not sporadic issues because what i listed above happens in previous 2K but not at this level which is why I was baffled that no one had a problem with it. So I waited to see if any of the simheads would pickup on it and address this glaring issue as I am more of a lurker than the guy that post 5 millions post.

This is evident because I have been on OS since 2002 so I am a silent "old head" that occasionally speaks but religiously ckeckin daily. So I took it upon my self to start to analyze why these problems I listed above is happening at such a high rate to where it is crippling my love for the greatest sports publisher ever.

I am a huge video gamer and particularly a huge sports playing video gamer. The only reason I have bought video games consoles was for sports games starting with the sega dreamcast. I still have almost every 2k title so I ain't no noob. Second I have been playing video games since my mom got me Pong from Sears & Roebuck(yeah I am old lol). I say all this because I dont want to be discredited before you even look at the hours I took out my schedule to show a fundamental flaw in the game. A game series I absolutely love so hopefully a dev can see this and address it in a patch

Let me state that this game can be the greatest sports game in my lifetime and hoping that it is something the dev team can fix. which is saying allot as I have played atari football(hey it was all we had back then) madden, joe montana football, 10 yard fight, Run N Gun, 2k5, tv sports football, Hardball & Basketball(threw that in for the old school pc heads).

So after all that intro I am now going to go in to detail with the problem with NBA 2K16 with video.

The Computer AI On Transition Defense is broken(This is not an opinion!!)

How can you say that? Because I have video proof of an issue that happens 90% of the time on transition defense.

I have found the root problem which is that on a missed shot or free throw 2 players on defense runs to a preprogram spot and plays zone defense on the strong side to protect from a fast break. The problem is they do this no matter the situation or who they are guarding. So even when there is no fast break opportunity players leave their players creating a fast break opportunities. Players will leave their man IN TRANSITION to go to a preprogrammed spot on the court. And they linger in this zone defense even after the ballhandler crosses the half court line which cause even more problem .

And to answer some questions in advance

What level are you playing?

Superstar Sim

This ain't a big problem?

Transition Defense is about 55% of the game people. I know this because shooting percentages are around 45%. So when 55% of what you do is flawed 90% of the time then we have a problem. For example if I told you that in Madden on 2nd and 3rd down the cb guarding the wr leaves the wr and go into a zone leaving the wr wide open even though they should be in man would you say that madden is the best sports game ever?

Why dont you switch to the player doing dumb stuff?
I can control only one player at a time I can't fix 2-3 players doing dumb stuff. plus as an offline gamer mainly i have no control of the cpu.

This doesn't happen in my game?
Let me be clear after every missed shot 2 players will turn away and just run to a spot I dont care if you own a XBOX or PS4 it is happening on your game

Let me state that I am not a youtuber so some of the video audio is bad as it was recorded from xbox one on twitch and there was lagging issues so I apologize for that but nothing in my control. I tried labeling all the ones with bad audio. Also some audio is out of sync but the video is crystal clear.

If you only watch a few videos you must watch the one labeled "example 1" first as that one explain the root cause of the transition defense with video proof and the audio dont start out good and is over 7 minutes(i apologize as it explains in detail the problem) the other videos are about 3-4 on average. The link is to example 1 but I have 20 more on that channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2H9iq4rE8g

I am adding this additional link which is all the videos showing why this a 90% of the time problem as the first link just shows one of the issues not that the issues is always the same but based on the 3 things I mentioned above.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0R...Rm-2ueiAkNQJZQ

Thanks for your time

Last edited by DolfanDave; 10-02-2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Adding additional link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Am I The One?(NBA 2K16 has a serious problem)

I've played it since it came out pre order n I agree with you...the transition defense sucks...online its worse... I play on hof Sim..been doing so since 2k12..I'm no rookie...one patch n the game is perfect no other complaints..just that transition defense...

Sent from my SM-G850M using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by domp242
I've played it since it came out pre order n I agree with you...the transition defense sucks...online its worse... I play on hof Sim..been doing so since 2k12..I'm no rookie...one patch n the game is perfect no other complaints..just that transition defense...

Sent from my SM-G850M using Tapatalk
You don't understand how glad I am to not be the only one seeing this but this is a huge problem as transition defense is half the gameplay which effects the game immensely and it is completely broken so how can this game be the GOAT?
Old 10-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Ill never understand why folks get so upset that people are enjoying the game....

Good video, hopefully we can get this ironed out....this isn't the only transition issue either....some times players that get back square their body too soon and some one sneaks in behind them for an easy score....

Only thing I'll disagree with is that it happens every time.....if my wing was that open every fast break I'd be doing a lot better online, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree with the OP but that's not the only problems I've been seeing. A lot of ppl are in the honeymoon phase or playing mycareer right now so they won't be spotting a lot of the problem right away. Also when ppl do post problems they see u get the usual "your stick skills may be bad" or some other ******** bull crap. Just wait another few weeks and ppl won't be blind and start pointing out all the problems with the game. Then the devs will patch the issues.

Last edited by apollooff320; 10-02-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Ill never understand why folks get so upset that people are enjoying the game....

Good video, hopefully we can get this ironed out....this isn't the only transition issue either....some times players that get back square their body too soon and some one sneaks in behind them for an easy score....

Only thing I'll disagree with is that it happens every time.....if my wing was that open every fast break I'd be doing a lot better online, lol

I never stated everytime. 90% of the time. And I am not exaggerating. On transition 2 players goes to two preprogrammed spots. You can check it out for yourself. It causes mixmatch, players being lost 90% of time. If you doubt my 90% claim I ask that you post just 5 videos after a missed shot and I guarantee you see the same thing on my video. Again this is a legacy issue that got worst. It happen in NBA 2k15 and I didn't have a problem but it is worst this year which causes major issues as transition d is the majority of the game. But I am glad you see it also because if they can clean that up a bit I will be a happy camper but as is this game isn't the GOAT is all I am saying.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Sure, there's always honeymoon phase...

but there's also guys looking for a reason to divorce as soon as they "I do"

It's like they get excited about finding issues or something to complain about....how is that **** fun? I don't get it....

Now as for the topic at hand OP.....I'll test it for myself in an actual game, I personally don't trust practice mode...I definitely have seen it before though .....but 90% sounds a bit high to me. I'll post my results here.

Side note: I wouldn't get so worked up over people calling it the GOAT....if that's how they feel that's how they feel....devs will still come here and make adjustments either way...

Old 10-02-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

This year, I've been spending most of my time trying to get my controls down correctly. I am not really analyzing every play at the moment, so I can't really comment on everything.

I have noticed that the slower teams' transitional play is at a much lower level than the faster teams but I was not aware of anything certain outside of the occasional cherry pick.

I do know there are legacy issues brought forth from 2K15 and prior - first patching really needs to take place before I can say these are concerns going forward because some if not most of these are always addressed with the first patching.

The things that make this year on the level of 2K11 for me are the overall presentation of systems and mechanics. For example, the game-play graphics ( the stats, score, etc) really help immerse me better than at any time since 2K11. There is a lot offered by the dev teams and I need to explore more of the game before saying more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »