Home

Kickers way too accurate? Also, slider issue?

This is a discussion on Kickers way too accurate? Also, slider issue? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kickers way too accurate? Also, slider issue?

(This might be more appropriate for the slider forum)

I have been playing on all-pro and it seems like the CPU kickers are way too accurate; nailing 50+ yard field goals every time, right down the middle. So I turned the slider down to 20. The computer was still kicking them right down the middle but my kicks were flying all over the place. Like physics defying kicks that travel straight to the right or left even though my controller input shows perfect. I won a game 30 to 14 because I couldn't kick a single extra point on 5 touchdowns.

I am just curious if anyone else has seen this or if you also think the kickers are way too accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Kickers way too accurate? Also, slider issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren6175

I have been playing on all-pro and it seems like the CPU kickers are way too accurate; nailing 50+ yard field goals every time, right down the middle. So I turned the slider down to 20. The computer was still kicking them right down the middle but my kicks were flying all over the place. Like physics defying kicks that travel straight to the right or left even though my controller input shows perfect. I won a game 30 to 14 because I couldn't kick a single extra point on 5 touchdowns.

I am just curious if anyone else has seen this or if you also think the kickers are way too accurate.
Yea, I have to get a perfect kick on some guys to even make it 50ish yards cpu does it with ease. I've noticed it too, actually I've seen one missed FG.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren6175

There is no CPU Special Teams sliders in CFM. All of their settings are locked in at 50. So when you turned it down to 20 it's only going to affect your kicks. Once you get under 30 for accuracy things get crazy but there's nothing you can do. I think I've only seen a few CPU misses and they've all been on 55+ yard field goals.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
There is no CPU Special Teams sliders in CFM. All of their settings are locked in at 50. So when you turned it down to 20 it's only going to affect your kicks. Once you get under 30 for accuracy things get crazy but there's nothing you can do. I think I've only seen a few CPU misses and they've all been on 55+ yard field goals.
Can someone confirm this? I thought the special teams slider applied to both user and cpu.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

althor's Arena

You know what happens to a kicker in the NFL who misses field goals?

He gets fired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #6
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

NFL kickers from 49 yards and in are more accurate than they've ever been; at least 80%, and that number obviously climbs the closer to the uprights you get.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...s-are-forever/

I've seen a couple CPU missed field goals playing on default All-Pro settings (both by Saints K Garrett Hartley so far), so it's definitely not impossible for the CPU to miss.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
NFL kickers from 49 yards and in are more accurate than they've ever been; at least 80%, and that number obviously climbs the closer to the uprights you get.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...s-are-forever/

I've seen a couple CPU missed field goals playing on default All-Pro settings (both by Saints K Garrett Hartley so far), so it's definitely not impossible for the CPU to miss.
I fear that all-madden is a different story. The AI routinely makes ~55 yrd FGs right down the middle with several yards to spare. They even make them in windy/rainy conditions as if it was an extra point.
On a different topic, I swear it feels like the AI gets a penalty boost on all madden.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #8
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I fear that all-madden is a different story. The AI routinely makes ~55 yrd FGs right down the middle with several yards to spare. They even make them in windy/rainy conditions as if it was an extra point.
On a different topic, I swear it feels like the AI gets a penalty boost on all madden.
I don't play on All-Madden, but it wouldn't shock me if the CPU's skill level on field goals is really high on All-Madden, given that the game is tuned for balance on All-Pro and All-Madden is supposed to give the CPU a mental and intangibles boost across the board.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »