Home

Alternate controls

This is a discussion on Alternate controls within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Alternate controls

Please add the option to use the NBA 2k15 controls. I hate that so many simple things require you to hit extra buttons, seems like you're playing Mortal Kombat and not 2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

Re: Alternate controls

[quote=DesiMundha;2047725154]Please add the option to use the NBA 2k15 controls. I hate that so many simple things require you to hit extra buttons, seems like you're playing Mortal Kombat and not 2k.

I thought the same the first 5 minutes, but after playing a while, its beautiful!!! the system and control is great
Old 10-01-2015, 01:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agreed with OP. I even had to change the default controls in 2K15 to iso/dribble or something like that. Why does every year have to be a new control scheme? I'm so used to having to hold a trigger down to shoot. I usually use the right stick to pull off dribble moves. I keep shooting the ball inadvertently.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxeem
Agreed with OP. I even had to change the default controls in 2K15 to iso/dribble or something like that. Why does every year have to be a new control scheme? I'm so used to having to hold a trigger down to shoot. I usually use the right stick to pull off dribble moves. I keep shooting the ball inadvertently.
Right stick shooting has been in the game forever. The tap-stick-to-iso/hold-stick-to-shoot Pro-Stick mechanic has been around since 2K14.

That's three years of 2K having the same dribble/shoot default controls man.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:28 AM   #5
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

It wouldn't work with all the things they added this year. Either way, you'd have to learn some new controls. All in all, I think they're pretty tight

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 06:51 AM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

only things i am having trouble adjusting to, are fancy passing and alleyoops. double tapping a button i dont know what it is but it always seems like it just never works correctly for me, like i dont double tap quickly enough or something. I have only managed to pull off 1 alleyoop so far. but i havent received a alley oop successfully yet(probably because it seems the AI just doesnt want to lob one up for my SF in MyCareer)

but wondering, if in MyCareer you call for a alley with 2x Triangle then you have to hold square to finish the lob? when do you hit square? when the ball is in the air or when you catch it?
Old 10-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #7
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
only things i am having trouble adjusting to, are fancy passing and alleyoops. double tapping a button i dont know what it is but it always seems like it just never works correctly for me, like i dont double tap quickly enough or something. I have only managed to pull off 1 alleyoop so far. but i havent received a alley oop successfully yet(probably because it seems the AI just doesnt want to lob one up for my SF in MyCareer)

but wondering, if in MyCareer you call for a alley with 2x Triangle then you have to hold square to finish the lob? when do you hit square? when the ball is in the air or when you catch it?

You hold square whenever you want, there's no really timing for it. As long as square/X is held before they get to the rim and being the ball down.

And honestly, I'd had to catch about 15, maybe 20 in myCareer so far lol. Sometimes the AI would just pass it, but when they know you can finish it, they'll throw it. Sometimes they'll throw it in traffic. Like I did this Blackfoot cut when Dragic was coming up the court and caught a lob that way. It's all about situations and how fast you can tap the button twice.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Right stick shooting has been in the game forever. The tap-stick-to-iso/hold-stick-to-shoot Pro-Stick mechanic has been around since 2K14.

That's three years of 2K having the same dribble/shoot default controls man.
I changed the default last year. Hasn't throwing a lob been different for the past couple of years? Same with bounce pass? I know the euro step has changed the past couple of years

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »