Home

So is it worth the purchase?

This is a discussion on So is it worth the purchase? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #1
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
So is it worth the purchase?

Is 16 worth the purchase? I am largely an online player and mostly like to play EASHL with a buddy. We took last year off since they didn't have EASHL and this would be my first NHL game on current gen consoles. We're trying to figure out if it is worth the buy or if there are glaring holes with the game that will just frustrate us
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So is it worth the purchase?

Nope...the last tuner they put out has destroyed the offline game...if you play online, I guess get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
Rookie

ND,

Can you or anyone tell me pls what changes were made to OFFLINE? i only play OFFLINE and this is scaring me. Thx
Old 10-02-2015, 02:21 AM   #4
Rookie

I don't feel it is. I had high hopes when I played the Beta back in August, but since then it's got a LOT more of an NHL 15 feel to it, game-play wise. You still can't control your skater very well. Cross-creasers are better defended, but trash still goes in the net all the time. Once again, it is NOT skill-based like it should be.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:26 AM   #5
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Your online so youll probably love it but read the current threads for more info as Im offline and I would still get it as I have great hopes EA can make both sides happy and give off liners the option to have the game as it was before the 9/28 tuners .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 08:26 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by go expos
ND,

Can you or anyone tell me pls what changes were made to OFFLINE? i only play OFFLINE and this is scaring me. Thx
A recent tuner jacked up the offline experience. The game before the tuner played very well and while not perfect, EA was the closest they ever have been to giving us a solid NHL experience. In short the tuner made it more arcade like. That said I do believe they will try and fix it and hope they do it soon.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't have the game yet. Can't you just delete the tuner for offline play? Then would it be worth the purchase?
Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #8
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

I got it, and while it is better that 15 in some areas....it is worse in others....overall if you like 15, then you will enjoy this one. If you did not like 15, I would say think twice about it...maybe wait till you can get it for $25-30.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »