Home

Maybe it's just me but...

This is a discussion on Maybe it's just me but... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Maybe it's just me but...

So I love 2k16.. but I have a serious eye for detail and I was taking a good hard look at the player models. Just like the textures and how detailed they are and call me crazy but it seems like 2k16 looks a little downgraded compared to 2k15 and 2k15 looked a little downgraded from 2k14. I'm not talking about movement, animations, etc. Just purely detail and textures of the players and court. I just fired up 2k14 again and yes, 2k14 seems to be the best looking of the 3...

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Maybe it's just me but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
So I love 2k16.. but I have a serious eye for detail and I was taking a good hard look at the player models. Just like the textures and how detailed they are and call me crazy but it seems like 2k16 looks a little downgraded compared to 2k15 and 2k15 looked a little downgraded from 2k14. I'm not talking about movement, animations, etc. Just purely detail and textures of the players and court. I just fired up 2k14 again and yes, 2k14 seems to be the best looking of the 3...

It's a shame because some player models rock and some suck, like they are unfinished, examples include facial skin color textures don't match body color textures. Either skin in face to bright or too dark and don't match body shades.

Some players that look terrible are:
Mutumbo, Olajawon, Wilt Chamberlain, John Starks, bj Armstrong, too name a few, they need touch ups bad,

Iverson has grey hair, MJ legs are way to dark and don't match his upper body tone. Penny Hardaway face color dont match his skin tone either

It's crazy because some players look awesome, like Durant, Lebron, even some legends look great like Michael Finley, Ben Wallace, Kareem.

But Shaq don't even look like Shaq, can we get a younger looking Kobe on the retro teams

Not ranting but true fan of this game, hopefully some changes can be made to
Finish the art in this otherwise great game.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

No disrespect I couldn't disagree more, 2k15 compared to 2k16 is not even comparable graphically esp when it comes to player details, just look at a picture of Isaiah Thomas in 2k15 compared to 2k16 version of him and I rest my case.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristy
It's a shame because some player models rock and some suck, like they are unfinished, examples include facial skin color textures don't match body color textures. Either skin in face to bright or too dark and don't match body shades.

Some players that look terrible are:
Mutumbo, Olajawon, Wilt Chamberlain, John Starks, bj Armstrong, too name a few, they need touch ups bad,

Iverson has grey hair, MJ legs are way to dark and don't match his upper body tone. Penny Hardaway face color dont match his skin tone either

It's crazy because some players look awesome, like Durant, Lebron, even some legends look great like Michael Finley, Ben Wallace, Kareem.

But Shaq don't even look like Shaq, can we get a younger looking Kobe on the retro teams

Not ranting but true fan of this game, hopefully some changes can be made to
Finish the art in this otherwise great game.

Now this post I can relate to because classic players do need work, but other then that the current NBA players have never looked better. Still a few guys that need scans but the number of guys that do need it gets smaller and smaller every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »