Home

Do you feel playing online takes away a lot of what's great about this game?

This is a discussion on Do you feel playing online takes away a lot of what's great about this game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:09 AM   #1
Rookie

Titleist026's Arena

OVR: 0
Do you feel playing online takes away a lot of what's great about this game?

I ask this because playing offline is so great, all the different types of offenses you can run, and take advantage of. All of that is based on timing, and the smoothness at which the game plays. I do wish that guys reacted a little bit quicker during a play, or that they stuck and clogged in a group of players moving off ball, but for the most part it's a lot better.

Online though, while it's not as laggy as last year, it's still there, and it really affects running plays, executing picks successfully, etc. I'll try to run offenses early in the game, but after awhile it's not effective and I end up getting my shot (usually a poor one) as the shot clock is under 5.

The obvious answer to all this is just to play offline. Which is where I spend the majority of my time playing. But I do play friends online frequently, and they still play at that cheap run and gun style. They do get penalized for the sht* shots a lot more than in years past, but there are still plenty of times where they get easy dunks, they'll get a formidable lead, and I no longer have time to be messing around with plays/calling for pick and rolls.

Just wonder how some of you feel about this, and if you have suggestions to maybe get better at running plays effectively online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Re: Do you feel playing online takes away a lot of what's great about this game?

I really want to like the online play, but even with the defensive improvements it does still seem to come down to guys holding turbo the whole time. Especially in MyTeam.

I can't even play on broadcast because I won't be able to see all the full court passes before the other team scores

Zig zagging DOES still work also, partially because of lag but it's still something that needs to be worked on
Old 09-30-2015, 12:25 AM   #3
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Re: Do you feel playing online takes away a lot of what's great about this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
I really want to like the online play, but even with the defensive improvements it does still seem to come down to guys holding turbo the whole time. Especially in MyTeam.

I can't even play on broadcast because I won't be able to see all the full court passes before the other team scores

Zig zagging DOES still work also, partially because of lag but it's still something that needs to be worked on
Yup. Now that you can't throw up 30 three pointers its turbo, turbo, turbo now online. Look at the drive % of your match ups on Play Now Online, it's usually between 50-70 % and 3s are usually between 9-15%. They just throw it to halfcourt and turbo to the baseline every time and beat all my defenders even if I have 'Limit Transition' as a POE.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2015, 03:43 AM   #4
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Yes.

I play offline exclusively now. The game is second rate online. No matter how well or 'sim' YOU play, your opponent will always find a way to ruin the immersion.

Offline is a far greater experience in my opinion.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:43 AM   #5
Rookie

I feel like you must hold turbo 95% if the time this year or else you get blown by which is pretty dumb. LT AND RT at all times. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 04:51 AM   #6
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I feel like user on ball/post defense online this year is the best it's ever been. I've never been able to lock down Curry and Harden in team up like I've been able to now.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler

Even though I don't participate in online matches, I am still interested in whether online gamers are getting a good experience. How would you stop the zig zag? Suggesting possible solutions would help, possibly.

There are a percentage of gamers wanting to decrease the amount of CPU on ball defense stickiness. What is your take on it? How would you combat zig zag cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
Yup. Now that you can't throw up 30 three pointers its turbo, turbo, turbo now online. Look at the drive % of your match ups on Play Now Online, it's usually between 50-70 % and 3s are usually between 9-15%. They just throw it to halfcourt and turbo to the baseline every time and beat all my defenders even if I have 'Limit Transition' as a POE.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
I've read that you're pretty adamant about patching certain things. I might be mistaken, but I believe you would like to see the CPU on ball defense toned down, especially when "CPU position recovery warp" happens ... Or am I mistaken? How would you suggest 2k go about eliminating zig zag with respect to on ball defense?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-30-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

I haven't experience the zig zag cheese online at all this year.

And yes, it is a lot easier to defend perimeter players from scorching you from outside or off the dribble.

But I do feel like my opponents hold down turbo the whole game and speed up the court. Either that or they throw super accurate football passes and cherry pick over and again before my defense can even get set. It's very frustrating.

My cpu teammates AI always gets lost when attempting to play transition D, despite my defensive assignments and adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »