Home

SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again

This is a discussion on SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2015, 02:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just like last year I dont understand why the shot meter was brought that. U either miss wide open shots or they go last yr patch #4 and hit every contested shot. This game is not even fun online. Both teams playing zone shooting 15% from three with shooters. Real fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 02:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again

IMO even real NBA players are not that sharpshooters on threes.

Based on NBA 3PT% stats:

Korver - 49%
Curry - 44%
Thompson - 43%

I watched tons of nba games last season and I noticed that Korver will miss some open shots as well. I think nba 2k16 is much better compared to 2k15 due to shooting difficulty.

In nba 2k15, Otto Porter is like Reggie Miller and I didn't enjoy it.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:38 AM   #3
Rookie

This is the best 2k has ever done regarding shooting imo

I only shoot open 3 pointers and make around 75 percent

If i play good D on a you and all you do is chuck jumpers

Your gonna be out of rhythm wide open
Old 09-29-2015, 02:41 AM   #4
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
Just like last year I dont understand why the shot meter was brought that. U either miss wide open shots or they go last yr patch #4 and hit every contested shot. This game is not even fun online. Both teams playing zone shooting 15% from three with shooters. Real fun.
please don't start this **** again look at what happened last year, you guys claim you are the "sim nation forum" well guess what...3 point shooting is the lowest % shot in basketball its supposed to be hard elite shooters miss open looks in real life. Look at steph curry the greatest shooter of all time, he was only at .443 from beyond the arc last year and that is considered lights out shooting
Old 09-29-2015, 02:44 AM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

This game is a blast to play online. Currently 13-2 with my Knicks.

Not sure about the shooting 15% exaggeration. So far I've played 1 zone user who ran with the Clippers and I abused his 3-2 and 2-3 zones.

If you're looking to iso/run 1 pick and roll and kick out to shooters all day then you're going to really hate this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 03:37 AM   #6
Banned

You really have to let the offense come to you. They say in real life, take what the defense gives you. This it's more take what the game gives you. Move the ball to guys curling about and to bigs you'll be surprised at the looks you'll get.

You can't really force anything, especially threes. But always take them if you got a good look just like real life. I have no issue with you actually having to try on your shooting now.

I've had plenty of deep chucky threes go in too if it's like a Curry or korver.. I won't take a chucky deep three with a Conley but I can act like I'm about to attack and stop and drain a 3 right from the line.

Opportunity is definitely there you just have to play like each player plays, honestly, almost too insane how close each player plays true to self (minus legends).

Also, you can't just run and gun and chuck quick one in or zig around until you have a tiny opening and splash it with a shiny green light on top

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2015, 03:45 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7

Open threes go in at 40% in the NBA. Curry hits at 45% and Korver at 50%+

Wide open = automatic is largely a myth.

I'm making the shots I should be at good percentages on All-Star with GSW.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-29-2015 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:04 AM   #8
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

I use the Raptors, Clippers, Warriors and Spurs online and I have no problem making shots. My only problem is getting good looks. I usually shoot around 33-44% from deep which is realistic. I might see a guy like Redick miss a few open 3s but then I look at the box score and see that he's shooting 2/5 (40%) which is great for an elite shooter. Late closeouts effecting shot quality is a bigger problem.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »