Home

Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

OVR: 2
Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

September 28, 2015

Ainge Promises Drastic Moves For Upcoming Season
by Samantha Smith
Staff Writer

With a smile that can light up the most grim basement in New England, the current President of Basketball Operations for the Boston Celtics spoke passionately about the upcoming 2015-16 NBA season.

"Read my lips," exclaimed Danny Ainge. "Drastic roster moves will be made. I promise we will capitalize on the overachieving season we enjoyed last season. We are moving forward, not backward."

The Celtics, who were swept out of the 1st round of the 2015 NBA Playoffs by the Cleveland Cavs, benefited by injuries of other elite teams in the East -- most notably the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers -- to sneak into the 8th seed.

But the four-leaf clover was not just on the Celtics side last season. There is no denying the job Head Coach Brad Stevens has done in his two years with the Celtics, with no elite star on his roster.

"(Brad) has proven to be a hell of a coach and winner at this level in record time," explained Ainge. Now it's time for him to benefit and enjoy what all the other elite coaches in the NBA enjoy -- coaching the elite." Ainge said.

The Celtics, unlike other franchises coming fresh off a playoff appearance, hold major influence and will be instant power players in acquiring new talent.

For one, Ainge's past wheeling and dealing has led to Boston owning a whooping three 1st round draft picks in this upcoming 2016 NBA Draft (8 overall).

Most importantly, there are 10 players currently on the roster in the last year of their current deals. Veteran players like David Lee ($15.49 mil), Amir Johnson ($12 mil), Jonas Jerebko ($5 mil), and Evan Turner ($3.43 mil) are guaranteed to attract other General Managers. Franchices are always interested in cutting salary, or trading valued players already locked in long-term contracts.

"Get ready. Celtics faithful... Get ready," Ainge exclaimed. "My phone has been blinking red like Batman's all summer."

Will any of these guys still be around at start of training camp?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

Re: Boston Celtics - The Ultimate Return to Glory (NBA 2K16 Dynasty)

Celtics Rook Inks Jordan Brand Deal
R.J. Hunter has reportedly signed a deal with Jordan Brand.

Hunter, the 28th overall pick in this year's NBA Draft, sounded shock to be selected to join the elite.

"Man, this is a dream come true," Hunter explained. "To not being able to afford these growing up, to coming to my new condo with 25 new pair delivered express... I'm just blessed."

Hunter, pictured below, will wear the popular Jordan XI retro model this upcoming season -- "Concord" colorway at home, and the "Cool Gray" colorway on the road.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

NICE. Jealous of that article up there, gonna have to up my game

The Celtics have a ton of picks and pieces, I'll be interested to see who you can get. Will you go after a big man? A star forward? Maybe a guard?

Following, happily.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

September 29, 2015
Sources: Celtics pushing deal to acquire Harrison Barnes

by Stephen A. Smith
ESPN

Danny Ainge is keeping the public promise he made to Celtics fans yesterday. And multiple insiders have informed me that Harrison Barnes is his main target.

Oh, yeah. And remember where you heard it first.

Let's just call a spade a spade, and see who follows suit. Barnes has been under-appreciated since his McDonald's All-American high school days.

He wasn't "enough" at Carolina for the Tar Heel faithful, as he didn't dominate like his "forefathers" Jerry Stackhouse and Vince Carter.

He wasn't "enough" for scouts at the 2012 NBA Draft and fell to the 7th overall pick, as his home state and team (Charlotte Bobcats) passed on him in favor of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. I mean damn, Dion Waiters and Thomas Robinson were selected ahead of him.

Let's just go there, OKAY -- Barnes currently is not "enough" at Golden State, as the Warriors acquired Andre Iguodala and STARTED him last season over Barnes.

Harrison Barnes HELPED Golden State win it all last season. Barnes now has the ultimate chip on his shoulder and wants to LEAD a team to winning it all.

Bulls eye.

This is the genius of Ainge, as he is banking on bringing a mega talent to Boston who is nothing short of a dynamite stick needing a lit match to explode.

Barnes is a restricted free-agent at the end of the season, but his agent has made it CLEAR that Barnes will demand a max deal this summer. Not A PENNY LESS. The Celtics are one of the few teams who will have the funds outright and are willing to sign Barnes to a max offer sheet this offseason.

Given Barnes can walk -- and will walk if the Warriors don't match a max offer sheet -- why not get some kind of equal compensation?

My sources have confirmed Jae Crowder is in the discussion, which makes perfect sense. Crowder has developed just as much as Barnes, but is a better defensive fit in Steve Kerr's system. He just signed a similar deal the Warriors would like Barnes to accept -- $5yr/35 mil -- and the team chemistry stays in tacy with him and Iggy at the SF position, regardless who starts.

And trust me, since Ainge places such a high value on Barnes, Mr. Bob Myers ( who just happens to be the 2015 NBA Executive of the Year by the way) will bleed Ainge dry of those 1st round draft picks he's banked and some of the young talent on Boston's roster.

Sounds crazy doesn't it? Well, not really.

This is nothing new -- This is simply Danny going Danny, yet again.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:18 PM   #5
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Way to channel Steve A., heard it all the way in his voice.

Love the idea of the move, too -- Harrison Barnes is under-appreciated and IS a guy who could break out big if he gets a chance. Being the forgotten son in GS has got to be eating at him and having a franchise as storied as the Celtics give him the keys will be a huge honor for a basketball players, especially considering the legends that have walked through those doors in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
Rookie

Bradster224's Arena

It would be a very good pick up for the Celtics if you can land Barnes. For some reason I feel he just doesn't have an identity at Golden State, maybe he might find it in Boston?

I'll be following this!
#17 for Kobe
Old 09-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #7
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

September 29, 2015

Breaking News: Boston Celtics Players Scuffle at Mall
Jim Berd
E-Editor

A nasty scene at Faneuil Hall Marketplace may immediately force Danny Ainge's hand in roster changes for the Boston Celtics.

Witnesses confirm Celtics point guards Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier brawled in front of Urban Outfitters after words were exchanged.

Smart, the 6th overall pick in last year's draft, had a disappointing season and is battling to keep his job as starter. Smart has been embarrassed and outplayed continuously by the rookie Rozier since opening day of training camp two days ago. Amir Johnson confirmed this, as he was quoted directly by MassLive.com.

Rozier took to his Twitter feed, which has since been deleted:

We will report more as this story develops, but it appears that trading one of these guys is imminent.

Last edited by eyes of hazel; 09-29-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Grammar...
Old 09-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #8
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Following...Very interested!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »