Home

I think the rubberband A.I has returned.

This is a discussion on I think the rubberband A.I has returned. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
I think the rubberband A.I has returned.

After testing it on various difficulties, I've come to the conclusion that it's back for the 4th straight year.

The four games I played to experiment went like this:

1st game: I'm down by 11 points in the 1st q with the '04 Pistons against my friend who's the '08 Celtics, and I eventually tie the game at halftime and lose by 2.

2nd game: I'm playing a random online in MyTeam and I'm up by 12 at the half. Start of the 4th, I'm only leading by 2. I eventually win by 7.

3rd game: I'm winning again by 9 points start of the 4th against the CPU in a quick game on Superstar, the game is then tied with 2 minutes to go. I pull away and win by 5.

4th game: No major lead against this random online guy in quick match, it's just a close game through and through. Seemed like my guys would miss the easiest shots when I was up by any margin, same thing for him.

Definatley not happy about this being back again. I do think however, that the rubberband effect has been nerfed from 2k15 when it was blatantly obvious that it was in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #2
Pro

Re: I think the rubberband A.I has returned.

Maybe I'm missing something.... Do teams not go down by large margins then come back in the NBA?
Old 09-28-2015, 11:03 PM   #3
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I didn't wanna say anything bc I know I'm gonna get flamed and told I just suck etc, but there comes a point in every game I played so far where all 13 guys on my team cannot buy a basket. Whether it be a jumper, lay up, dunk, free throw everything misses or rims out.

I play superstar sim and only against the CPU so far
Old 09-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Maybe I'm missing something.... Do teams not go down by large margins then come back in the NBA?
Sure, let's just hand people comebacks just for the hell of it because reality's statistics say so.

The comebacks in this 2k series need to be justified, not just handed over. Believe me, I've been on both sides of the spectrum, and I'm not a fan of even winning an undeserved game. There's not nearly enough deserved blowouts.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:22 PM   #5
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Sure, let's just hand people comebacks just for the hell of it because reality's statistics say so.

The comebacks in this 2k series need to be justified, not just handed over. Believe me, I've been on both sides of the spectrum, and I'm not a fan of even winning an undeserved game. There's not nearly enough deserved blowouts.
I get where you're coming from. Maybe it is already but comebacks should take into account coach prestige and player's personalities maybe. Maybe a Kobe lead team will fight it's way back into games while a Drummond lead Pistons will...ughhh...nvm. I can't dog my pistons like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 11:32 PM   #6
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
After testing it on various difficulties, I've come to the conclusion that it's back for the 4th straight year.

The four games I played to experiment went like this:
Spoiler

Have you tried testing the same exact game multiple times? Start up a throw away MyLeague file. After you take the first game into the 4th quarter, save and exit the file.

Play the same exact 4th quarter (i.e. Pelicans vs Warriors or whoever) four times.

After game 1's 4th quarter, note the results. Exit and don't save.
Play the same exact game file. After game 2's 4th quarter, note the results. Exit and don't save.
Play the same exact game file. After game 3's 4th quarter, note the results. Exit and don't save.
Play the same exact game file. After game 4's 4th quarter, note the results. Exit and don't save.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I'm sorry but there is no rubberband AI
Old 09-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

I've never noticed this problem on any 2K game ever. Against CPU or human opponent.

If you're referring to runs, the easiest thing you can do is call time outs when the other team hits a few shots in a row.

I'm more of an association or my GM whatever they call it these days people, and usually only play quick matches against friends when we play together. I've never had this problem. Usually once I figure out how to play with my squad I build I don't lose at all. Maybe one out of every 10-15 games I'll drop, but for the most part my teams only lose when I simulate. I haven't played enough on this years game but last year I think I ran superstar and didn't notice any weird anomalies on what you're basically describing as predetermined wins/losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »