Home

Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches??

This is a discussion on Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches??

This topic is exclusively for ONLINE Quick Rank Matches (my main and only mode):

7 out of 10 Online games i'm experiencing this exploit. Cheesers are abusing it. No matter how good defense i put, or how well a put my coaching settings or defense emphasis or "limit transition",etc etc etcccc,,, my opponents cherry pickers are wayyyyy too fast and my defense is tooooo LOW to get back into the paint to stop the cherry pick.

The root of the problem is: long football passes are way too accurate and unrealistic.

This MUST be patched ASAP. It is destroying the SIM experience for Online mode. By the way, I think this is the only exploit I've found so far.

The patch shall:

1- increase the Defense speed in order to get back soon and stop the cherry picker.

2- decrease (or eliminate to a decent extent) the accuracy of those long football passes which feed the cherry pick.

I know people will start arguing: "so if the cheeser if cherrypicking, it means its a 5 vs 4 mismatch so there shouldn't be a problem"

But the problem is: the cheeser is playing 5 vs. 5, but AS SOON AS I shoot (and my opponent sees the ball taking off my player's hand), the cheeser pick up IMMEDIATELY the player closer to the halfcourt line in order to commence the cherrypick. If I miss the shot,,,,BANG!!!!!!!,,,he throws the unrealistic 100% accurate football pass and guess what??? easy 2pts.

I've tried all defense strategies, and don't work.

This is destroying the Online Quick Rank Matches SIM experience. This is the new exploit of the year. I thought it was corrected in 2k12. By the way, the last time i saw effective cherrypicking and unrealistic football passes was in 2k12 Online Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Re: Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Match

you must be shooting alot of jumpers and 3s
only way this would happen
long shots = long rebounds
I haven't experienced this at all yet
Old 09-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
you must be shooting alot of jumpers and 3s
only way this would happen
long shots = long rebounds
I haven't experienced this at all yet
Not at all. I have a balanced game. Mid J's are like 30%. Post game with Duncan and Aldridge like 20%. Layups with Leonard, Tony and Manu like 25%. And like 20% from 3pts.

Believe me, the football passes and cherrypicking are ultra effective and unrealistic. Ive stopped playing Online until the patch.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
Rookie

If this problem is solved, its safe to say 2k16 will have the best (almost perfect) Online Rank Matches of the series.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldMachine
This topic is exclusively for ONLINE Quick Rank Matches (my main and only mode):

7 out of 10 Online games i'm experiencing this exploit. Cheesers are abusing it. No matter how good defense i put, or how well a put my coaching settings or defense emphasis or "limit transition",etc etc etcccc,,, my opponents cherry pickers are wayyyyy too fast and my defense is tooooo LOW to get back into the paint to stop the cherry pick.

The root of the problem is: long football passes are way too accurate and unrealistic.

This MUST be patched ASAP. It is destroying the SIM experience for Online mode. By the way, I think this is the only exploit I've found so far.

The patch shall:

1- increase the Defense speed in order to get back soon and stop the cherry picker.

2- decrease (or eliminate to a decent extent) the accuracy of those long football passes which feed the cherry pick.

I know people will start arguing: "so if the cheeser if cherrypicking, it means its a 5 vs 4 mismatch so there shouldn't be a problem"

But the problem is: the cheeser is playing 5 vs. 5, but AS SOON AS I shoot (and my opponent sees the ball taking off my player's hand), the cheeser pick up IMMEDIATELY the player closer to the halfcourt line in order to commence the cherrypick. If I miss the shot,,,,BANG!!!!!!!,,,he throws the unrealistic 100% accurate football pass and guess what??? easy 2pts.

I've tried all defense strategies, and don't work.

This is destroying the Online Quick Rank Matches SIM experience. This is the new exploit of the year. I thought it was corrected in 2k12. By the way, the last time i saw effective cherrypicking and unrealistic football passes was in 2k12 Online Mode.
What's stopping you from doing the same thing defense-wise? i.e. as soon as you shoot, take a player closest to mid court and run back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Cherry picking and long passes happen ALL the time in basketball. It's called leaking out on the fast break. It's threads like these that ruin the experience for the rest of us. For YEARS now I've thrown the ball out of bounds trying to get the ball up court simply because i didn't cross the middle line. There is such a thing called an outlet pass and a TON of teams play at a high tempo because they have young players who can run the floor.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #7
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't see this happening ?

The only way I could see this happening/working/working effectively would only be if your shooting like 30 three pointers per game and getting burnt in transition.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I had a Knick user do this with Melo but I was able to stop them after a few baskets

Mind sharing a video? Maybe were talking about two different things...

I have about 20+ ranked games under my belt so far and haven't seen it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »