Home

Official NBA 2K16 Accessories Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K16 Accessories Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0
Official NBA 2K16 Accessories Thread

According to the search feature there hasn't been an accessories thread attempted since 2013. I wanted to change that.

In this thread we discuss the accessories or lack thereof in the NBA 2K and how they can improve. So if you're an accessories guy, this is the thread for you.

I wanted to start by addressing the discrepancy between what NBA players/CAPs can wear and what your MyPlayer can wear.

There are far more options available for NBA Players/CAPs that are completely locked for MyPlayers and it's been this way for years now. I'd like somebody from 2K to address this.

Why can't I equip different length socks or combine socks with compression pants?

...but NBA Players/CAPs can?

Why are we being locked into wearing uber colorful Stance socks? We can't wear a more subtle black or white pair?

It's starting to look less like an oversight on the Art depts behalf, and more like it's intentional. This has been the case for years. Hopefully this can be patched immediately and not next year.

It's hard for me to accept that this can't be done, because Demigods proved last year that MyPlayers can wear the same gear as NBA players. Part of that hack actually allowed you to pair longer socks with sleeves, wear compression shirts etc.

Anyway, enough of my rant. What would you guys like to see change?

Edit:

I'll start adding the more detailed suggestions to the main post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
I suppose I'll post my accessory update suggestions in here in lieu of the Request Thread still being closed...

So here's everything from last night including the guys who didn't play. For tonight since there's 14 fuhgin games, I'll probably only get to the onues who play.

Also you'll notice this year I'll keep a running list of missing shoes and who's been wearing so hopefully 1) we can get them in the game, and 2) it'll be an easy transition to equip them once they're added. I'm sure at least the Air Max Audacity's will at least be added soon since AD is wearing them.

--ACCESSORIES AND SHOES--

Spoiler

--TEAM ACCESSORY COLORS--

Spoiler

Missing shoes--

Nike KD Trey 5 III-
-Tiago Splitter
-Luke Babbitt

Nike Hyperquickness 2015-
-Cameron Bairstow
-Bobby Portis
-Paul Millsap
-Tyreke Evans

Nike Air Max Audacity-
-Sasha Kaun
-Walter Tavares
-Anthony Davis
-Dante Cunningham
-Alexis Ajinca
-Kendrick Perkins
-Andrew Bogut

Nike Air Max 1 Mid-
-Thabo Sefolosha
Quote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

--MISSING SHOES--

Spoiler
Quote:
Copied over from my post in the roster request thread

It seems this year that 2k is only adding scanned shoes to players. So I'll have those in a separate list now. Also, they are staying away from custom colorways as well. I'm guessing this is for player movement within MyLeague/MyGM/MyCareer purposes.

Based on today's update...

Spoiler

Spoiler

--MISSING SHOES--

Spoiler

--NON SCANNED SHOES--

Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Honestly, this is bothering me more than the game thinking I am holding my LS up every 5 seconds (literally, it keeps breaking my isolations. The bug needs addressing).

Anyway, even the CAP has limited options and the accessories logo placement is either non existent or wrong.

That's the way Adidas knee pads look.

We should have the option for compression tanks or shirts, not just on half sleeves. We should have the option for compression pants or shorts... THEN, there should be layering. Handle it like tattoos or creating sneakers in terms of layers (no moving/size) and give us options. For example;

I equip compression pants. Now, I can put Adidas knee pads on. Then, I can choose my sock style/color and size. Then, I can choose if I want my socks tucked into the compression pants (layered before the pants) or outside (layered after the pants). Then I can equipped whatever ankle setup I want whether it be braces, wraps or Adidas braces. All while being able to select team colors, or any other solid color I want. This accompanied by some realism in terms of design and logo placement from the art department would take care of accessories.

Who would complain if you could simply equip what real NBA players wear. Go into a Models store, take a look at the WIDE selection of UA, Nike, Adidas, or any other major brand's compression gear. There is so many sick options with dope logos, designs and colors. Why deprive your game of further amazement when all you have to do is simply copy what you see in the store? They don't have to reinvent anything here. It's all out there. Army fatigue compression pants, neon colored compression shirts.. You name it. Just copy it and PLEASE give us the option.

They have the ability to add to the store with the new engine so perhaps we will see some of this stuff added as the games settle in, the updates download and the fixes roll out. Until then, the only thing I am impressed with is the tattoos.

Oh, and don't get me started on hair styles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
This is how accessory options should look for MyCareer.

Spoiler

You should be able to select from a multitude of colors, create your own color via color wheel, or just select the team color.

These options should be available across ALL modes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
This is what I imagined MyPark/Pro Am accessories looking like.

Nobody can tell KD that he has to wear Adidas and Stance gear when he's hooping in Rucker Park. He's going to wear Nike shorts, socks and shoes.

Curry is going to rep UA, etc.

It's weird that we're being restricted on what we can wear during non-NBA activities. Live is already allowing you to wear Jordan apparel in their Pro Am mode, plus Nike is going to take over the NBA soon anyway.

I will give it to them though, they have added Jordan shirts and I guess they plan on adding more gear down the line via updates.

Spoiler

Another gripe I have is that none of the park clothing has cloth physics. It's all stiff.

Last edited by MontanaMan; 11-18-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Official NBA 2K16 Accessories Thread

How do you change sock length in mycareer? I have ankle sock and want longer ones.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
How do you change sock length in mycareer? I have ankle sock and want longer ones.
Nobody knows. We're hoping for an official response and not for this to be swept under the rug.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #4
MVP

@mrchiggs its in the store
Old 09-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm having issues removing the shoulder shirt from my player. Help???

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #6
Just started!

YOSEDDY's Arena

I also have this problem and it is really bothering me. it says it is unequipped but it is still on my player
Old 09-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #7
egb
Rookie

I'm playing with the Knicks in My Career, and I'm a little annoyed by the colors of my accessories. It seems 2K has taken away the option to choose miscellaneous colors for your accessories. I disagree with that decision, but it doesn't bother me much, aside from being able to wear green on St. Patrick's day, and so forth. What does bother me is that the one team color option that they offer has the colors backwards for home and away. I'm trying to color-coordinate with my teammates who wear blue headbands at home and orange headbands on the road, but I can only wear orange at home and blue on the road. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by egb; 09-27-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #8
Rookie

NManuel13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial
I'm having issues removing the shoulder shirt from my player. Help???

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's an issue I submitted to the 2k support and the responded saying they know about the issue. They don't know when it'll be fixed though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »