Home

How do you guys use defensive settings?

This is a discussion on How do you guys use defensive settings? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #1
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you guys use defensive settings?

Since the expanded defensive settings came out in 2k15, I haven't been very good defensively. I player lock one player and it seems that all my teammates don't do what they are supposed to do.

Constantly allowing open shots, not covering certain things correctly,etc.

So in terms of defensive settings, before each game should I go in and set up a "game plan" for each player?

I'm getting the shooting percentages that I want but I know that I'm seeing things on the defensive end that I would like to clear up.

So how do you guys approach defensive settings? Do you use them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: How do you guys use defensive settings?

I learned last year to tailor my game plan at the beginning of each game. Basically go through the matchups and change on ball and off ball settings to take away what each player does best.

Good shooter but not a slasher I'm playing tight
Poor jump shooter but good at getting to the rim I'm sagging or playing moderate
Good at both just pick your poison.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:02 AM   #3
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I learned last year to tailor my game plan at the beginning of each game. Basically go through the matchups and change on ball and off ball settings to take away what each player does best.

Poor jump shooter but good at getting to the rim I'm sagging or playing moderate

Thanks, I'll try this.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:15 AM   #4
All Star

I really wish I knew what in the heck all the defensive settings do. I watch a lot of the NBA but yet I don't know what just about ever setting does and we have some new ones this year. I have always found NBA 2k games to be really hard and even more so on d. I cant stay in front of any body. I just played a game on all star sim and lost by 58 lol. The people who make the game say that all star sim is the difficulty that should give you the most realistic game play yet I get killed on all star even though I know a lot about basketball. I guess my stick skills just suck. Even on pro I have always had a hard time stopping the CPU from scoring and trying to stay in front of people. I would love if 2k would come on hear and tell use what all these settings do and how they work and to hear about the POE and how it works because no matter what I have the POE set at I don't notice any difference with the way guys play. Like what does the pre-rotate do in this game?
Old 09-27-2015, 12:17 AM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

It's interesting that they;ve broken up screen defense into 2 categories- center and on centre.

If you play with a mobile center use a hard hedge. I play with Pachulia and Dirk so I select no hedge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 12:19 AM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Like what does the pre-rotate do in this game?
It determines how you off ball teammates defend. If you've got it on they'll shift over to to the guy that is likely to be left open.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 AM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
It determines how you off ball teammates defend. If you've got it on they'll shift over to to the guy that is likely to be left open.

How so it should help to keep less guys from getting opening and to make d easier?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #8
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

Thanks again, won my first game on Superstar thanks to you verifying that I should check the defensive settings before each game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »