Home

Coaching Schemes/Priority Affects Player Ratings!!

This is a discussion on Coaching Schemes/Priority Affects Player Ratings!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Coaching Schemes/Priority Affects Player Ratings!!

Most guys following along in the Slider forum know that ive been testing a 32 team CFM and playing each game on the schedule. The last 2 days I've played around w/ coaching schemes and how they affect gameplay. I just discovered something guys!
As I was matching up the priorities/coaching scheme positions to match what we see in the upgrade/progression screen.
It's actually CHANGED THE PLAYER'S RATINGS!
For the better!
For ex. I changed the starting Rams FS R. McLeod jr(76 ovr). from what he was in the coaching scheme, to what it shows in the progression screen(balanced) and now he's rated as the highest safety on the team (80ovr)!!
So matching the player's priority to that in the progression screen increased his overall 4pts!
This only benefits the games!
So priorities in coaching schemes do matter and even more than I expected!
I'm playing pretty much default All-Pro w/ a few tweaks and if I can improve how the AI plays w/o changing a bunch of sliders, I'm all for it!
You can finally see players playing to their strengths b/c the priority for that player is matched to his strengths.
I'm doing this for each position now and since I'm playing each game on the schedule I can easily setup before I start the game.
Test it out! Let me know if this helps your 32 team CFM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
From what Clint is saying, it isn't just OVR's that go up, but specific ratings linked to the scheme go up as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Quote:
I think what's possibly being misunderstood here is that Player Priorities affect animations more then attributes...

What does that result in?

More realistic and varied animations, which result in better overall gameplay, which result in more realistic stats...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
No. It doesn't necessarily mean his ovr will go up. Just play a game and see if it feels better or not. I just played my 2nd game after setting my team up Le'veon Bell has played true to form. The 3 games I played before he was not. I do coach suggestions to call plays so I'm not doing anything different.

Game 1 he went 18 car/21 yards and 9 rec/84 yards/1 td

Game 2 he went 12 car/31 yards and 6 rec/21 yards/1 td

Game 3 he went 20 car/85 yards

Game 4 (1st game to match player schemes) he went 33 car/103 yards/3 td and 7 rec/81 yards.

Game 5 he went 28 car/100 yards/2 tds and 10 rec/92 yards/1 td.

Now I know I was giving him more touches but it just feels like he is running in more of a power back fashion. And my blockers seem to block, for lack of a better term, meaner. Like I said this could all be in my head but I like the way it seems to play and it's easy to set up.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782

Last edited by D81SKINS; 01-07-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coaching Schemes/Priority Affects Player Ratings!!

well, yeah. thats pretty much the entire purpose of the coaching schemes/priority system they introduced last year (or the year before that, i forget)

players who play in the right schemes will have higher OVR rating, but it doesn't change any other ratings, just the OVR.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

They change OVR, but they also affect gameplay in a slight, but appreciable way...

For instance:

Try to coffin corner a punt with a punter set to "Power" and then try again with "Accurate" or esp. "Clutch" and you'll experience the difference...

Throw the ball around with a "Pocket Passer" setting and then use the same player set to "Mobile"...

It's subtle, but it's in there...

I set these up for my team and my opponent and it does have effect...

Just played two test games versus IND:

One with Gore set to "Balanced" the second set to his actual tendency: "Power"...

Noticeable difference using his Power setting...

Also:

When you set things up for your opponent, you have the opportunity to clear up the 1-3 depth chart poor choices the CPU team is often saddled with...
Old 09-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I'm noticing differences in the coaching suggestions as well.
They call certain plays based off how the coaching schemes/priority is setup.
When I played week 1 w/ the default priority setup, it didn't have Julio Jones as a"redzone threat", and they kept calling more comebacks and in routes.
Week 2 changed his priority to match what he's listed as in the progression screen, and they call plays that were definitely better for his strengths. Deep routes, streaks, fades and just more calls better suited for his skill set.
This really important for me b/c I'm playing the cpu with a different team each game and using coaching suggestions. If it changes my play calling it will also change the CPU's. I want the cpu to call plays based their player strengths.

Another ex. Kicker that is set to "balanced" and he's actually listed as "clutch" on his player progression screen. It's late in the 4th, the game is tied and it's a situation were they could go for a long 50+ yd FG or Punt it. They choose punt, but if that kickers priority was setup to his strengths(clutch), they choose to kick the fg.
I mean this can really affect guys that are playing a solo CFM too! If they are keeping all the cpu teams at default, they probably won't see that team playing up to its full potential b/c the priority coaching scheme isnt aligned w/ the starters on the field. Almost every team I've looked at has all the priority incorrectly set(based on who's starting).

Another ex. A WR, say Dez Bryant gets injured for the season, the priority would need to change for the new #1 WR b/c they don't have the same skills as Bryant.
Just the fact that the CPU teams I'm playing against are now playing to its full potential is big for me!

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-26-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #5
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
They change OVR, but they also affect gameplay in a slight, but appreciable way...

For instance:

Try to coffin corner a punt with a punter set to "Power" and then try again with "Accurate" or esp. "Clutch" and you'll experience the difference...

Throw the ball around with a "Pocket Passer" setting and then use the same player set to "Mobile"...

It's subtle, but it's in there...

I set these up for my team and my opponent and it does have effect...

Just played two test games versus IND:

One with Gore set to "Balanced" the second set to his actual tendency: "Power"...

Noticeable difference using his Power setting...

Also:

When you set things up for your opponent, you have the opportunity to clear up the 1-3 depth chart poor choices the CPU team is often saddled with...
Yes sir!
This is important for how the cpu plays for sure!
You suggested making it match to what it shows they are in the progression screen but I had no idea it would actually change the gameplay, play calling, and the player's ratings!
Thank you sir for that suggestion!
This is more important to change than the actual gameplay sliders imo!
I can keep my almost default All-Pro sliders and still have really improved games, still using coaching suggestions and strategy play calls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

So to go my starters, look at their profile, and change my scheme to match their player type?

So if TJ Ward is a run stopping SS, change my scheme from balanced SS to run stopper?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 09-26-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #7
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
So to go my starters, look at their profile, and change my scheme to match their player type?
Not quite, Each position in the coaching scheme menu has a priority setting(QBs have strong arm, pocket, etc. HBs have one cut, balanced, and so on)
So 1st thing you do is look at Who's starting.
2nd: Go to the upgrade/progression screen, it may also be listed on the player card/roster screen, I just go to upgrade screen for now. It will tell you in there if the player is a strong arm qb, or for lineman a Big mauler.
3rd: be sure to switch to that teams coach and go back to the coaching scheme menu and set each starter to what they should be in the priority setting, basically scrolling right or left will get you to the priorities for each starter.
It takes a few mins to setup, I'm just doing it one game at a time since I'm playing each game on the 32 team schedule.
It's well worth the time imo
Old 09-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Ok I'll give it shot

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »