Home

How do i get past CPU?

This is a discussion on How do i get past CPU? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2015, 07:09 AM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
How do i get past CPU?

as a Defensive minded person, i love that the game brings Defense back, but now im finding it pretty hard to get past the CPU or even get open.

im running plays, im doing pick and rolls and its like the CPU sees right thru it and i have no space to do anything. i must say, this is the worst i ever been at a 2k lol.

the 2nd thing i want to learn how to do this so i can get by people who play off ball online. 3/4 of my games online turns into the other guy just running around with Sim bullar (MYteam) after his defensive plan fails.

any tips guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 07:13 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How do i get past CPU?

I'm not a 2k guru, but the CPU AI On-Ball defense appears to be a bit too strong on default. I have tried all levels, superstar, all-star, and pro, but the D really glues to you on defense.

I am happy they made defense a lot better this year, but my guess is we will have to tune down the default on-ball defense a bit.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:15 AM   #3
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Use picks. There aren't many guys that are crossing up defenders and blowing by them in real life.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:16 AM   #4
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

yea i was thinking that too honestly, i can always tone it down offline and have fun. but then that wouldnt help me with online unless 2k nerfs it for whatever reason.

i had to check many times what difficulty i was on after getting locked up by garbage defenders lol
Old 09-26-2015, 07:18 AM   #5
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Use picks. There aren't many guys that are crossing up defenders and blowing by them in real life.
i stated that i been using picks and calling plays and yet the CPU is like LOLNO. and stops it immediately
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 07:18 AM   #6
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

im a broadcast cam guy..but i've notice that the 2k cam in 16 is better as far as player spacing...on this camera I feel sizeups/hesitations and crossovers are more effective due to spacing..I manage to get by players with these doing pnrs and mismatches better..lol i beat the pelicans with the wizards on allstar by 6..also note the a.i. is smart you have to make proper adjustments after each quarter..if you are kicking butt with lebron on quarter expect the cpu will make adjusment to shut him down the next...also defensively you have to make changes

Last edited by swac07; 09-26-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:31 AM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
as a Defensive minded person, i love that the game brings Defense back, but now im finding it pretty hard to get past the CPU or even get open.

im running plays, im doing pick and rolls and its like the CPU sees right thru it and i have no space to do anything. i must say, this is the worst i ever been at a 2k lol.

the 2nd thing i want to learn how to do this so i can get by people who play off ball online. 3/4 of my games online turns into the other guy just running around with Sim bullar (MYteam) after his defensive plan fails.

any tips guys

Ball movement is my number one suggestion. Icon Passing.

As a 2k gamer who does NOT like to do isolation stick skills to blow by the CPU, ball movement is always key for me.

Side Note: Every time these type of threads pop up, I get a little more heartbroken each and every single time. A stronger defense is a good thing. Gamers wanting to be good at the game immediately when it's only been a couple days is another crushing blow.

Why can't gamers be more patient and actually make the $60 bucks that you spent ... count and actually worth the money spent.

The more these types of thread pops up, the more I feel like the developers are going to cave and patch it, allowing the offense to once again over power the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I'm not a 2k guru, but the CPU AI On-Ball defense appears to be a bit too strong on default. I have tried all levels, superstar, all-star, and pro, but the D really glues to you on defense.

I am happy they made defense a lot better this year, but my guess is we will have to tune down the default on-ball defense a bit.
Isn't that a good thing that CPU defense is challenging especially for someone who is NOT a 2k guru?

Please clarify your final statement "my guess is we will have to tune down the default on-ball defense a bit." Are you implying that the developers should tone down the on ball defense so it's easier for the gamer... once again, like every single year.

Side Note: The following is not mean to be directed at you specifically, but just a general feeling I get when I come across any of these types of threads about defense is a little too challenging. It's just frustrating to see gamers not wanting a challenge anymore.

Battletoads, Ghosts and Goblins, etc. What would happen if developers were able to patch these type of games?

NBA2k gamers complain about "offensive cheese this" and "offensive cheese that" and "offense cheese there" and "offense cheese here" and "offense cheese everywhere," but when defense finally shows its face, the same people want the defense to be toned down so that cheese can smile once again.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-26-2015, 07:43 AM   #8
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

im not asking for it to be toned down, i actually wana get better with it in its current state. the ONLY Reason i would have for wanting it tuned down is for the guys online who are letting the CPU handle people for them. but im not complaining cause most of those games are still winnable. its just annoying.

i try to play as much as a team game as possible, passing , plays, PnRs, and etc. im saying here it just seems like the CPU has EVERYONE on lock lol getting D'd up on by JJ reddick had me rolling

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »