Home

Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

This is a discussion on Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

Everyone check this post from time to time for new info and tips and Czar will be answering your questions.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047704444

Enjoy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:30 PM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

Even with "All Plays" turned on I do not get the icons over my player's heads. Weird.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-25-2015, 11:32 PM   #3
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Even with "All Plays" turned on I do not get the icons over my player's heads. Weird.

IF you have play art on full there are no icons. My play art is on lite. With full you get on court markings like dotted lines for passing.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-26-2015, 04:58 AM   #4
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
IF you have play art on full there are no icons. My play art is on lite. With full you get on court markings like dotted lines for passing.
How do we know the time limit of passes etc... i think i remember the blog mentioning this

Do the icons just go away?
Old 09-26-2015, 07:31 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Czar- Really looking forward to these as I did not understand freelance at all last year.

Here are a few questions..

1. Does changing offensive POE's have any effect on freelance offense? (For example, if I change my POE from "get shooters open" to "pick and roll", does that change my freelance at all?)
- To build on this question, what does the change in offensive POE effect? Does it primarily effect what "quick play" is called if you hit UP on the D-Pad?

2. When changing offensive strategy I have two options, Half court set and Action.
- If I am playing as the Warriors, the Half-Court set is "Default" and the Action is set to motion. I am assuming this means the Half Court set is default set to "Warriors" for Golden State, but what do the different "Actions" represent?
----I have the option for Motion, Free-Lance and Space the Floor.. Do changing these effect free lance options? I would like to know what specific effect the Action option represents.

3. Basic 2K Question- When do you recommend using button passing or icon passing? For freelance would you recommend using button and plays use icon? Just curious what your personal preference is.

4. Lastly, just a question regarding your personal preference, do you play this game on a broadcast or 2k (like) camera?

Thanks for any advice or guidance you can provide!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #6
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Love that you guys added play art for freelance offense. I used to run plays every single time down the court if I wasn't in transition, not this year.

Question in regards to the AI opponent. How does the "Run Plays" slider affect the AI's use of their freelance?

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #7
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

I remember reading that specific offenses aren't tied to coaches. So my question is, if I switch over to the CPU and change their offense, will that offense stick throughout the game or will it default back?
Old 09-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Czar, is there any way you guys can move up the corner activation spot a bit so that it's not in the absolute bottom of the corner? I'm finding that my guy spotted up in the corner usually catches the ball a dribble or two away from the activation zone. And when I try to dribble down into the circle after catching a pass in the corner, it usually causes a turnover or an out of bounds. It would be sweet if the corner activation spot was placed right beneath the feet of where the corner guy usually spots up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »