Home

Custom Tactics Discussion

This is a discussion on Custom Tactics Discussion within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Custom Tactics Discussion

I read Krebstar mention in the slider thread that the tactics may not be working in the retail version, after seeming to have an effect in the demo version. Figured I would start a topic to see what, if anything, can be done to make these work. They worked well in FIFA 14, but not last year. It would be disappointing if they did not work again.

I played a match last night as Arsenal at Watford. I looked at Who Scored to find a team that plays long balls and they have Watford as one of those clubs. I changed their custom tactics once the match started and set them to a Speed of 80, Passing of 80 and Shooting of 80 and Defensive Line to Offside Trap.

Only played a half, but they did not play any long balls, not one. The game seemed quicker and more frantic then others I have played. It was the first time I played a match with two EPL teams, but it had that EPL pace. Not sure if setting their Speed to 80 caused that, just something I noticed.

I set their speed that high as EA put out a video last year discussing custom tactics. The explanation mentioned that the Speed setting should match up with the Passing setting, and that a higher speed setting produces faster passes and longer balls.

I was using the community sliders when playing the match. Not sure if sliders effect anything, but who knows since it may not be working correctly.

Has anyone tried the tactics in the retail version and had success with them working?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Custom Tactics Discussion

This is the long ball tactic (or very close to it) that I was using when playing the demo, and had success. I had this set for Inter, and if you purposely play a long ball back to their defense, they'd often play a long ball from their defense up to their forwards. Even in a demo game, they'd do it at least 5-6 times.

Speed 30
Pass Distance 100
Positioning Organized

Passing 75
Crossing 65
Shooting 60
Positioning Organized

Pressure 30
Aggression 50
Team Width 40
Defensive Line Cover

It's troubling with default sliders and the community sliders I haven't been able to replicate what I saw in the demo.

The first and easiest things to nail down with custom tactics are the extremes, whether it's direct play, or possession. Unfortunately as of now, I haven't been able to do that, especially with a more direct approach.

This includes having forwards set to "get in behind", and fullbacks set to "stay back while attacking". This keeps defenders behind the ball to play long passes forward, and of course has forwards making runs.

If we can figure out the extremes, then the rest fall into place after that.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks, Krebstar, for the information. That sucks, but I'll look into it as I play some more. Hopefully there is a way.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

@poster & Krebstar -

So your both seeing that the retail version plays differently from the demo (and not in a good way)? This is what I was afraid of....I also noticed last year that the demo played better than the retail version for some reason....

Hmm....Now I'm really on the fence on whether or not to purchase (especially since NBA 2K releases at midnight...but I digress...LOL!).
Old 09-24-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

If CTT can be figured out that would be great considering you can save the custom tactic to a team sheet instead of the "slots" of yesteryear.

Edit - Well Aggression & Pressure seem to work. As a test I put Barca's up to 100 for both and literally 10 secs into the match Neymar picked up a yellow. They are pressing me ALL OVER the pitch too.

I'm only one half into the game so it will need more testing but it's good that at least that works. We might be duplicate clubs that pressure high up the pitch (Atletico, Barca, etc...)

Last edited by KG; 09-24-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #6
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

Edit - Well Aggression & Pressure seem to work. As a test I put Barca's up to 100 for both and literally 10 secs into the match Neymar picked up a yellow. They are pressing me ALL OVER the pitch too.

I'm only one half into the game so it will need more testing but it's good that at least that works. We might be duplicate clubs that pressure high up the pitch (Atletico, Barca, etc...)

That is good news. I am working on the offense now. Pretty sure most work on the offensive side as shooting and crossing have effect, but the passing for long ball is going to be the tough one. So far I have got the AI hitting them at least, but not at a higher rate they should. Got to find the right mix, but getting close.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-24-2015, 07:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not that this will help much, but I just played Zenit in the Champions cup and they had the most variety in their play I've seen yet after around 15 games. They were literally spamming me with long balls the first 20 minutes, then they changed to attacking down the wings and hitting me with crosses. They even tried direct through balls through the middle a few times.

The first 45 minutes had the most energy from the AI i've seen yet in Fifa since Fifa 14, and every other game I've played before that since Tuesday just had a lot of keep ball and occasional crossing from the AI. Zenit played different.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Deaky
Not that this will help much, but I just played Zenit in the Champions cup and they had the most variety in their play I've seen yet after around 15 games. They were literally spamming me with long balls the first 20 minutes, then they changed to attacking down the wings and hitting me with crosses. They even tried direct through balls through the middle a few times.

The first 45 minutes had the most energy from the AI i've seen yet in Fifa since Fifa 14, and every other game I've played before that since Tuesday just had a lot of keep ball and occasional crossing from the AI. Zenit played different.
Do you remember what their settings were?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »