Home

Week 2 - Thursday Night Football: Denver Broncos (1-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-0)

This is a discussion on Week 2 - Thursday Night Football: Denver Broncos (1-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2015, 01:30 AM   #1
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Week 2 - Thursday Night Football: Denver Broncos (1-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-0)

Manning threw 2 touchdowns in Kansas City last November, in the 6 games since (a 4-2 record, incl. playoffs) he's only thrown 4. Will he get back on track as the Chiefs celebrate their road win and the return of Eric Berry to Arrowhead? Alex Smith finally threw his first TD pass to a WR in 594 days (since January 2014) - but that was preseason. Will day 611 mark the first TD that counts?

Cautiously optimistic that the Chiefs will get a lead and pressure will force some mistakes, moving to 2-0. It would only be the 2nd time the Chiefs have beaten a Peyton Manning-led team, as he's 6-0 as a Bronco and 13-1 lifetime against Kansas City.

Here's to a good game either way, the rematch is in Denver, November 15th.

Last edited by mestevo; 09-17-2015 at 01:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 03:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Week 2 - Thursday Night Football: Denver Broncos (1-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-0)

Vegas is infinitely smarter than the average fan. Vegas has the Chiefs as 3 point favorites. I can dig it.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Week 2 - Thursday Night Football: Denver Broncos (1-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-0)

Yep give me KC. But I'm playing Hillman and sanders in dfs. So I hope they do well.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:26 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Denver hasn't lost a road divisional playoff game since 2010.

If they want to keep that streak going they need to get ahead early and rely on their defense but I'm not overly optimistic.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Vegas is infinitely smarter than the average fan. Vegas has the Chiefs as 3 point favorites. I can dig it.
That's basically Vegas calling it a push (generally throw 3 points at the home team).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
That's basically Vegas calling it a push (generally throw 3 points at the home team).
That's actually Vegas attempting to get action on the Broncos.

I just wish Sean Smith was playing in this game. He is one of the few guys that can give Demaryius a really hard time at the line with his size. I still like KC either way.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Week 2 - Thursday Night Football: Denver Broncos (1-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (...

I really have no feel for this one. Every time I doubt Manning he has a big game.

I like KC at home in this on in a 21-17 type game. I think both defenses will hold up well but Charles and the home crowd is the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #8
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Week 2 - Thursday Night Football: Denver Broncos (1-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (...

I am not sure what KC's offense has done since Alex Smith and Andy Reid arrived to make people think they will score enough to beat Denver. The game will definitely be close. Arrowhead is one of, if not the best home field advantage in the NFL. But the Denver d-line is going to gobble up the Cheif's o-line and the secondary is probably the best in the league this year.

I am not worried about Peyton, but I am curious to see if the offensive line will open up holes for the running game.

Broncos win by a TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »