Home

Names available in CAP/Player edit

This is a discussion on Names available in CAP/Player edit within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2015, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

nydteaton's Arena

OVR: 0
Names available in CAP/Player edit

I have wondered over the last few years why hasn't the dev team added the names (both first and last) to the list of pronounceable names we can choose, both when creating and editing players?

This would come in handy especially for replacing players that have outdated SCEA face scans.

Anyone ever asked or heard as reason as to why they don't add all current player names to the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Names available in CAP/Player edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydteaton
I have wondered over the last few years why hasn't the dev team added the names (both first and last) to the list of pronounceable names we can choose, both when creating and editing players?

This would come in handy especially for replacing players that have outdated SCEA face scans.

Anyone ever asked or heard as reason as to why they don't add all current player names to the list?

Yeah that is annoying, plus sometimes minor league players in created rosters have the same first or last name.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

I still find it dumbfounding that Corey Seager audio goes by Corey Seaver. Not like there's already a Seager in the game!!

Old 09-20-2015, 02:29 AM   #4
Rookie

nydteaton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734
I still find it dumbfounding that Corey Seager audio goes by Corey Seaver. Not like there's already a Seager in the game!!

Yeah that is basically my reason for asking this question. The name is already in the game both Audio wise and textually so it's not like you are going out of your way or taking up more disc space.

Players like Corey Seager or Allan Dykstra (or any other sibling or son of a former player) are one example the other being for a player like Yoenis Cespedes (who has a horrible scea face, not his own at all) but when a cap creater makes a better version of him you can't even give him the proper name, which is outrageous.

Now I understand the only people who care about this are players who care about OSFM type created rosters with real life minor leaguers but, it just seems like a feature which would take minimal work and add so much to the experience.

Again these are just my two cents, and I was hoping to get some kind of answer from the devs as to why or why not this can't be in next years game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »