Home

How's your Be A Pro going?

This is a discussion on How's your Be A Pro going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

OVR: 0
How's your Be A Pro going?

Hey guys,

same thing as the GM, but it's time to shout how our stars/abominations are doing! Here's my first episode!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How's your Be A Pro going?

Trying to start one but have a question. Can u make the play by play name none or does it have to be one for the names listers?
Old 09-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

well i started a BAP and i started in the CHL aged 17. im a two way forward and the first game, i ended up with 5 points, 3 goals 2 assists. i think i need to turn the difficulty up.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #4
Rookie

How do you like BAP this year, compared to previous years and compared to equivalent mode of other games (MLB Road To The Show, 2K MyCareer, etc.) ?

PS: I'd love to hear a in depth review of the Be A Pro mode, if you are ever searching for video ideas!
Old 09-17-2015, 10:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Just finished my first (and final) season in the OHL. Led the league in points and had 160+ points. Led the team to an OHL championship, and we lost in the memorial cup final. 72 overall sniper with high franchise potential. Got drafted in the 7th round by Arizona. Why do you hate me, EA?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #6
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmeadows013
Just finished my first (and final) season in the OHL. Led the league in points and had 160+ points. Led the team to an OHL championship, and we lost in the memorial cup final. 72 overall sniper with high franchise potential. Got drafted in the 7th round by Arizona. Why do you hate me, EA?

Are you kidding, that's awesome! Get to wear shorts and flip flops every day to the arena!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Are you kidding, that's awesome! Get to wear shorts and flip flops every day to the arena!
As long as I'm not on the Kings or Ducks... Probably gonna sign with the Sharks whenever my contract ends.

On another note, the new progression system is awesome. I already have 4.5 star shooting and I have yet to play an NHL game

Old 09-18-2015, 12:57 AM   #8
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm having a lot of fun with Be A Pro so far.

There's something about being an offensive defenseman that I find really fun. I love playing sound defense and cutting off passing lanes, but I also love jumping in on offense from time to time. I look for assists long before shooting for myself. I don't know what it is, but assisting on a goal is almost more satisfying than scoring one myself!

I haven't played Be A Pro in the NHL series since probably 2013 on 360. It seems like the teammate AI is MUCH improved since then. I remember the last time I played BAP, kind of rolling my eyes at the AI. But I don't do that nearly as often in this game.

I love that you can play a full season in the CHL (even thought I'd like it better if you could play NCAA) before going into the draft.

I'm playing with Erie (yes, with McDavid... haha)

I'm hanging right there with him as the leading scorer for the team!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »