Home

NBA 2K16 MyLEAGUE: Who will you choose?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 MyLEAGUE: Who will you choose? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #1
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K16 MyLEAGUE: Who will you choose?

2K16 is just a little over two weeks away and it looks to be very, very good. I'm been really impressed with depth and detail they've added this year: the post on the MyLEAGUE stuff was very exciting and IF they pull if off (it looks very much like they will), then those of us that franchise/dynasty/association ect online and off will have a TON of tools at our disposal to customize the league as we see fit out of the box (rather than waiting for mods/workarounds).

I haven't bought a 2K since 2K14, but I'm jumping in with both feet for this one: building a new rig to accommodate it as well (I was overdue).

All that said, the MyLEAGUE stuff has really got my head spinning in multiple directions. So a few questions for the masses out there:

1. Which team are you most looking forward to taking over and playing with?

2. Which team will you relocate with first? And where are they going? (Idealistically -- since we only know a few locations in the game, we can't be sure where exactly anyone can go, but Seattle, LA, and Honolulu are definitely in there from what I recall.)

Bonus question: what logos will they have and what will their team name be?

3. When you control the league, are you going to roll with the standard 82 game regular season/7 game playoff series or will you do 58 games in a season/5 game series for the first round or something completely different? (Again, details on what are options are here are limited, but I'm interested to see what the thoughts are.)

4. Which player would you absolutely have to have on your team that isn't a superstar/star level guy? (Someone like one of the Crawfords, perhaps, or Swaggy P.)

My guy is Darren Collision on this one -- dude and I go way back to 2K9 (used his created draft class there and fell hard for him) and he was beast for me then and has been since (he gets so little love in the league). Just fits my playstyle.

That's all I got for now, but I'm sure everyone else has plenty of good thoughts to add to this -- I just to open up a discussion on our approaches. With the depth and detail 2K16 looks to be offering, we might have the best franchise system in existence in our hands in two weeks.

Last edited by trekfan; 09-20-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
Rookie

drewwright's Arena

Re: NBA 2K16 MyLEAGUE: Who will you choose?

I'm moving the Sacramento Kings to downtown Richmond, Virginia. Richmond Royals might be the name. Think I might grab Eric Bledsoe, guy is money for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New York Knicks
Old 09-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
Pro

InRodWeTrust's Arena

OVR: 5

Knicks and moving the Utah Jazz to Vegas as the High Rollers
Old 09-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

I think I will have a couple different my leagues, the first one I'm going to use my pistons and try to turn them into a contender. I probably wont make whole lot of big roster moves, I will just focus on developing Andre Drummond, Reggie Jackson and Stanley Johnson into stars. This year i'm planning on actually playing every game with no simming. My 2nd myleague will be moving a team to Seattle and bringing the supersonics back.I'm not sure what team I'm going to move yet but I'm thinking the bucks.I'm really looking forward to myleague this year and plan on putting a lot of time into it.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:52 AM   #5
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewwright
I'm moving the Sacramento Kings to downtown Richmond, Virginia. Richmond Royals might be the name. Think I might grab Eric Bledsoe, guy is money for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, Richmond. Nice place, I'm in VA myself (beautiful state, no?). Bledsoe is fun to play, I always worry about him getting injured though ... he seems to miss time at the worst times, but that might just be perception on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InRodWeTrust
Knicks and moving the Utah Jazz to Vegas as the High Rollers
The Maloofs are going to be back in the league?!

Vegas is always an interesting idea for relocation. Practically speaking, they have a ton of money and people, but they're really a tourist town yearround ... I don't know if you'd be able to get a stable loyal fanbase there (something MyLEAGUE seems to take into consideration). I like the name, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
I think I will have a couple different my leagues, the first one I'm going to use my pistons and try to turn them into a contender. I probably wont make whole lot of big roster moves, I will just focus on developing Andre Drummond, Reggie Jackson and Stanley Johnson into stars. This year i'm planning on actually playing every game with no simming. My 2nd myleague will be moving a team to Seattle and bringing the supersonics back.I'm not sure what team I'm going to move yet but I'm thinking the bucks.I'm really looking forward to myleague this year and plan on putting a lot of time into it.
Moving the Sonics back is a definite priority for me as well, they're by far the team that most deserves a revival (Seattle got jobbed, IMO). As for what team to move ... I'll probably go with the Hornets. Jordan hates to lose as much as he loves to win, down the line I could see him selling the team away because they stink so much. I wouldn't feel BAD about moving them as opposed, say, the Bucks or the Jazz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 07:57 AM   #6
Banned

1. I'm really looking forward to playing as the Bucks. That'll be my 100% sim league. I might do one for the Knicks as well depending on how I am for time.

2. My other league will be with one of these three teams; Orlando, Sacramento, Utah. I'm not sure which. But I'll be taking one of these three and moving them to either Canada or Alaska. If I move to Alaska I'm planning on making a trade for Chalmers, it seems like the realistic thing to do, Miami are looking to trade him IRL and he was born and raised in Alaska. I can see a franchise trying to bring in a hometown guy to boost attendance stuff early on (again, IRL). I also think alaska is a good choice simply for the size and the fact there's no major sports teams in Alaska.

3. My sim league (#1 - Bucks) will be 82 games. 7 game series. Standard. My other league will be 82 games but I might change the playoff format.

First round - Best of three.
Second round - Best of five.
Conf Finals - Best of seven.
Finals - Best of seven.

4. For my sim league I'm going to develop that roster as is. I love the fact that their oldest player (on the starting 5) is like 26. And the shortest player is 6'5 or something. I want to stick with that but I might make a couple changes to the bench as and when needed (probably bring in a shooter). For my other league it depends on where I land. If I end up in Alaska I WANT Chalmers. Not because I'm a big fan of his game but because it just makes so much sense (as I said previously) if I can't get Chalmers I'll try and sign Boozer (another Alaska guy). As for players I really like, I want Gordon Hayward. Which is why I'm tempted to move the Jazz but at the same time I can't imagine Utah ever moving. Orlando moving makes sense to me because they're an expansion team with a fan base that isn't exactly the best, plus they're competing with Miami which is a more attractive free agent destination.

For that second league I really want high caliber but not "elite" wings. So guys like Hayward. Maybe Hayward and Harrison Barnes or Hayward and Beal? Not sure.

*Just to clarify. I'll still be playing sim in my second league (in terms of basketball on the court). But the league in itself won't be sim (as in it won't simulate the real nba. I'll be making trades, moving teams etc).

If I get more time I'll do another sim league with the Knicks. Try and get Melo that ring. Then maybe another league with moving the Clippers (because I hate them). Trading pretty much everyone but Blake. Maybe send them to Vegas or somewhere trendy like that. Run them into the ground so Blake never wins anything and then rebuild the roster from scratch. It'll be like the Clippers never existed.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:02 AM   #7
Rookie

WishListGOD 1 OF 2's Arena

Kings moving to Montreal canada, will be called the Montreal Royals. I will create a draft class with a created player that's drafted there whos turns out to be a franchise player who leads them all the way to the playoffs with high fan fair, but never had a strong enough bench to help when needed, next year fail to make playoffs, year after fall out of contention, rebuild year after.

Ecclesiastes 12
Los Angeles Lakers, first NBA dynasty.
"Don't put off tomorrow what you could do today!" Fortune Cookie
Old 09-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #8
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW

If I get more time I'll do another sim league with the Knicks. Try and get Melo that ring. Then maybe another league with moving the Clippers (because I hate them). Trading pretty much everyone but Blake. Maybe send them to Vegas or somewhere trendy like that. Run them into the ground so Blake never wins anything and then rebuild the roster from scratch. It'll be like the Clippers never existed.
You hatred of the Clippers does my soul good. Blake is pretty great (send him to OKC for Westbrook, trade away Paul ... crazy enough it just might work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishListGOD 1 OF 2
Kings moving to Montreal canada, will be called the Montreal Royals. I will create a draft class with a created player that's drafted there whos turns out to be a franchise player who leads them all the way to the playoffs with high fan fair, but never had a strong enough bench to help when needed, next year fail to make playoffs, year after fall out of contention, rebuild year after.
Interesting. Will you try for the all-Canada team? Wiggins + that guy would be a beast duo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »