Home

Moving players out of position?

This is a discussion on Moving players out of position? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2015, 01:07 AM   #1
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1
Moving players out of position?

Is there any way to move players out of position on the depth chart during a franchise on Madden 16? (Or in Play Now, for that matter?)

I'd like to do an offline franchise with the Jaguars and do some Wildcat-type option stuff with Denard Robinson and Nick Marshall, since they both have some passing attributes. I kind of gather that there's no formation subs like there used to be on NCAA. I know I could make them both quarterbacks in the franchise offseason, but is there any way at all that I could have them interchangeable at quarterback and running back during the season?

Anybody have any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 01:48 AM   #2
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Moving players out of position?

I doubt this is what you are wanting, but I don't believe there is anyway to sub a RB into the QB depth chart and I know that you don't get the option to sub the RBs in at QB on the formation sub screens (at least you didn't last year).

The only way I could think to make something like this work is to work with packages. There are several formations that have a RB at QB package, and while it may take a little tinkering with the depth chart (unless the games formation sub system lets you put any RB in that position once selected), you can probably find a book or make a book that has one or more of those formations to build a little wrinkle with. Pair it with the wild cat formations and you theoretically could build a offense around it though it would still be shallow.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:15 AM   #3
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
I doubt this is what you are wanting, but I don't believe there is anyway to sub a RB into the QB depth chart and I know that you don't get the option to sub the RBs in at QB on the formation sub screens (at least you didn't last year).

The only way I could think to make something like this work is to work with packages. There are several formations that have a RB at QB package, and while it may take a little tinkering with the depth chart (unless the games formation sub system lets you put any RB in that position once selected), you can probably find a book or make a book that has one or more of those formations to build a little wrinkle with. Pair it with the wild cat formations and you theoretically could build a offense around it though it would still be shallow.
Do you happen to know of any specific formations that have those packages? I've looked through a few playbooks and haven't found any.

This could work though. I guess I could move Marshall to starting QB, and if I could find a few of these packages and add them in with some Wildcat stuff, it could give me some chances with Denard at QB too. I just need to figure out how to find those formations.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
Do you happen to know of any specific formations that have those packages? I've looked through a few playbooks and haven't found any.

This could work though. I guess I could move Marshall to starting QB, and if I could find a few of these packages and add them in with some Wildcat stuff, it could give me some chances with Denard at QB too. I just need to figure out how to find those formations.
Off the top of my head? No. I do know there is one empty set in GBs playbook or at least there was in M15 that had that package. Other than that I'm not sure, with Rodgers I've never been tempted to look into it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »