Home

few Franchise mode ideas for MLB 16

This is a discussion on few Franchise mode ideas for MLB 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #1
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8
few Franchise mode ideas for MLB 16

1) Custom schedules. Gets a little tiring playing the same teams over and over. Would love, in the offseason, to create your schedule for the following year (have criteria that teams must meet but other than that it's an open book). Even so far as to selecting the start times (within reason, of course. Also note that if you have day games during the week, it can affect your attendance...especially early or late in the season)

2) Set up uniforms. Allow us to set up what uniforms are used. For instance, in my Cardinals franchise, I am using the powder blue uniforms, white pants with the alternate Sunday cap (bird on bat) as my standard Sunday home uniform. Instead of me having to do this every time...in the offseason, allow us to set up the uniform options and select when they will be used. Even so far as to have us be able to select "turnback the clock" games where the old school uniforms can be used.

3) Stats. Have the players "card" show what teams he played for in the past and his stats. The current just shows his stats but doesn't tell us what team he played for.

4) As others have mentioned...some sort of ceremony on your home opener to commemorate you winning a division or title. Would also love to see the accurate home opener ceremonies for each team (Orioles run down the orange carpet...Cardinals have the red Chevy trucks with the players and coaches riding around the warning track and the Clydesdale horses with the wagon.

5) After a player retires, put them in the "coaches" data base so they can be hired in some aspect.

6) Not sure if possible, but maybe expand minor leagues to cover all of Class A (but not have Class A be playable but used for rosters...maybe also expand roster capacity)

Last edited by dansaint; 09-11-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: few Franchise mode ideas for MLB 16

I like your list.

I should point out that while I like the idea of choosing what uniforms are available every year in the off-season (It'd be cool to choose from the teams entire historical uniform repertoire, but that's probably asking way too much) or maybe even adding custom built uniforms, uniforms are very rarely set to be worn on a specific day.

There are some days where the organization chooses the uniform (opening day, holidays) but those are rare. Traditionally it's the scheduled starting pitcher who chooses what uniform is worn that day.

Also #5, while really cool (and is something I really want) will cause licensing issues. Trust me when I say SDS does NOT want to mess around with that.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:43 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Also #5, while really cool (and is something I really want) will cause licensing issues. Trust me when I say SDS does NOT want to mess around with that.
How would that cause licensing issues? The OP is talking Derek Jeter retires in the game, then you can sign him to be Farm Director or whatever. At least that's what I think the OP talking about. And then during a carryover save it would revert to a guy with a random name and likeness like it does with all retired players.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:25 PM   #4
Rookie

detroitskills's Arena

OVR: 4

i want concessions and merchandise
What kind of stupid question is that?
Old 09-11-2015, 11:55 PM   #5
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4

I want to see a created team at least be able to swap out with a current team. And not just 1 or 2...How about for an entire league?

And/or maybe be able to create an expansion team and draft from the current teams players they don't protect from the expansion draft. All-Star baseball had this feature at one time.

Being able to relocate your team and rename them. Someone might want to move the SF Giants back to NY or the Dodgers back to Brooklyn.

Also, edit what teams are in what divisions. Maybe even just create a 12 team franchise if you wanted. Baseball Pro had this and you could have as little as an 8 team league or 3 leagues with a total of 48 teams (16 teams per league)

3 team trades

I'm sure I can think of more later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 01:45 AM   #6
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk_wess

Being able to relocate your team and rename them. Someone might want to move the SF Giants back to NY or the Dodgers back to Brooklyn.

I think we are long overdue for something like this or even a create a team feature. I have always wondered if it was MLB that didn't allow it. I had heard before the NFL didn't want Madden to have relocation, but not sure how true that is. Now Madden has that and NBA 2K is getting a relocation feature. All-Star Baseball did expansion really well back in the day with the expansion draft and it was a ton of fun in my opinion. It was fun to see how you did in comparison to the CPU expansion team. I think I would love that even more than relocation, but would love relocation as well.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
Rookie

I really just want a financial system that reflects the MLB instead of the arbitrary budget system. Make it where ticket, merchandise, etc sales determine your budget. Even Madden has this option and the NFL operates on a salary cap, while MLB actually uses this--but the system is lacking in The Show.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #8
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
How would that cause licensing issues? The OP is talking Derek Jeter retires in the game, then you can sign him to be Farm Director or whatever. At least that's what I think the OP talking about. And then during a carryover save it would revert to a guy with a random name and likeness like it does with all retired players.
We have no idea what the actual wording of the agreement is between SDS and the MLBPA is, but it likely says that they only have the rights to show the players doing certain activities.

This would be to prevent SDS from abusing the images and names of players, using them for in game plugs of other Sony merchandise. The MLBPA is well within their rights to make this (or in fact any) stipulation.

While I'm sure that most players in the MLBPA wouldn't mind becoming coaches in game after virtual retirement, the MLBPA itself wouldn't hesitate to jump on SDS for going outside the licensing agreement, and even if they didn't, there would always be some prick who noticed it and would sue for the money (and they would be well within their legal rights to do so).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »