Home

Owner mode: Scheme changes do not stick!!! (EDIT - Problem Solved, Not An Issue)

This is a discussion on Owner mode: Scheme changes do not stick!!! (EDIT - Problem Solved, Not An Issue) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Owner mode: Scheme changes do not stick!!!

If you play on owner mode and decide to switch your teams scheme preference for a certain position the changes do not stick. The moment you leave the coach screen they revert back to normal.

For example, if you decide that you prefer pass rushing DEs instead of the balanced DEs your coach is currently set to you can't change it. It will always revert back to the coaches default settings. This means that in owner mode you can't ever change schemes at a certain position.

I am aware that all this technically changes is how the overall is calculated. In my eyes it is a major issue and annoyance. Let's say you decide to switch to a 4-3 from a 3-4 in the offseason like teams have done before in the past (Cowboys). Well you can't change the way ovr is calculated so when you're trying to find players in FA to fit your new 4-3 scheme all overalls will be reflecting 3-4 DEs instead.

Furthermore matching scheme is (at least supposed to) be a factor that FAs take into account when signing with your team. Meaning in the above example I just gave with switching schemes you will be at a disadvantage in signing players to fit the new scheme you are attempting to move to.

To clarify, this is only for individual position changes (for instance, you can't move QB from West Coast to Pocket Passer). You CAN still change playbooks and overall offensive and defensive scheme (like attacking 3-4 or base 4-3), but those have no effect on the way a players overall is calculated in your scheme preference

Last edited by Robo COP; 09-26-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Owner mode: Scheme changes do not stick!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
If you play on owner mode and decide to switch your teams scheme preference for a certain position the changes do not stick. The moment you leave the coach screen they revert back to normal.

For example, if you decide that you prefer pass rushing DEs instead of the balanced DEs your coach is currently set to you can't change it. It will always revert back to the coaches default settings. This means that in owner mode you can't ever change schemes at a certain position.

I am aware that all this technically changes is how the overall is calculated. In my eyes it is a major issue and annoyance. Let's say you decide to switch to a 4-3 from a 3-4 in the offseason like teams have done before in the past (Cowboys). Well you can't change the way ovr is calculated so when you're trying to find players in FA to fit your new 4-3 scheme all overalls will be reflecting 3-4 DEs instead.

Furthermore matching scheme is (at least supposed to) be a factor that FAs take into account when signing with your team. Meaning in the above example I just gave with switching schemes you will be at a disadvantage in signing players to fit the new scheme you are attempting to move to.

To clarify, this is only for individual position changes (for instance, you can't move QB from West Coast to Pocket Passer). You CAN still change playbooks and overall offensive and defensive scheme (like attacking 3-4 or base 4-3), but those have no effect on the way a players overall is calculated in your scheme preference
Yea I brought this up on here when the game 1st came out, remember last year if you hit back button they wouldnt save you had to hit the button that said save and continue, yea that option is gone lol............I guess this did not address this issue lol
Old 09-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had the same problem starting off. Then all of a sudden, it started taking. Not sure if this was a coincidence or not but I rebooted my xbox one for something totally different (pulled plug from powerbrick then reconnected).
Old 09-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #4
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Damn, is this true? I change schemes a lot, this will seriously cramp my CFM style...
Old 09-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

It works fine for me. I remember having the trouble last year so I checked out when I got it this year and it was fine. They always save for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #6
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badguy1985
It works fine for me. I remember having the trouble last year so I checked out when I got it this year and it was fine. They always save for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
are you online or offline?

I did mine in offline and they wouldn't save at all
Old 09-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #7
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

It's saving for me and has been in over 15 test CFMs. I'm playing online.

Haven't tested since the patch since it has been working. Now I'm worried

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 09-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

So I guess this isn't a problem on online leagues from what I'm reading.

So is it a problem in Offline CFM's only? Or did this turn out to be an isolated incident and it's not really a glitch?

Sorry... I've only really been playing Play Now lately since that's the only mode that works well (right now)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »