Home

Could you guys help me with a decision?

This is a discussion on Could you guys help me with a decision? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
Could you guys help me with a decision?

Since I've got a PS4, the only sports game I've bought is Fifa 15. I really miss playing Madden but I don't feel like going back to M25 on the 360.

Here in Brazil, Warner distributes Madden and other EA titles, and for some reason they have increased the price of launch titles by 25%. I would like to buy M16, but it's prohibitive price is a problem for me.

I can find M15 for much less around here, so i need to know something: For someone who plays Madden exclusively offline, is there a world of a difference between M15 and M16?

Keep in mind that games only have price drops after almost 10 months here, so it's not like i could wait to buy M16 for less in a couple months, and we don't have stores selling pre-owned games, so it's complicated.

What do you guys suggest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Could you guys help me with a decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorkaos
Since I've got a PS4, the only sports game I've bought is Fifa 15. I really miss playing Madden but I don't feel like going back to M25 on the 360.

Here in Brazil, Warner distributes Madden and other EA titles, and for some reason they have increased the price of launch titles by 25%. I would like to buy M16, but it's prohibitive price is a problem for me.

I can find M15 for much less around here, so i need to know something: For someone who plays Madden exclusively offline, is there a world of a difference between M15 and M16?

Keep in mind that games only have price drops after almost 10 months here, so it's not like i could wait to buy M16 for less in a couple months, and we don't have stores selling pre-owned games, so it's complicated.

What do you guys suggest?
You're in luck, for ps4 it's currently $10 off. Amazon I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2015, 12:16 PM   #3
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ_3
You're in luck, for ps4 it's currently $10 off. Amazon I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, importing is out of question right now. It would be even more expensive that buying the game here.

I just wanted to know if the differences between 15 and 16 are that big to justify buying 16 over 15, from an exclusively offline player's perspective.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm an exclusively online guy, so I'd defer to others' opinions on this one - but my understanding is that M16 is broken horribly out of the box for offline CFM. Unless you can also get the patches then 15 is probably the better bet, though I much prefer 16 on the field.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I'd read http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pressions.html for more details.

But the graphically the game isn't worth another $60. The gamplay and fluidity however is. There is alot of WOW moments with the new animations. 2 Weeks post release, playing the game every day and I'm still seeing new animations.

If you got frustrated with WRs running out of bounds on routes (like I did) or DBS not playing the ball in the air then I'd say it may be worth it. If you never cared about those, then it's not worth it.

Edit: The guy above me made me think, when you say offline do you mean No internet connection? As in you don't get patches?

If that's the case then No. The encroachment bug it's self will piss you off for the duration M16.

Last edited by Datninja619; 09-11-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I'd read http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pressions.html for more details.

But the graphically the game isn't worth another $60. The gamplay and fluidity however is. There is alot of WOW moments with the new animations. 2 Weeks post release, playing the game every day and I'm still seeing new animations.

If you got frustrated with WRs running out of bounds on routes (like I did) or DBS not playing the ball in the air then I'd say it may be worth it. If you never cared about those, then it's not worth it.

Edit: The guy above me made me think, when you say offline do you mean No internet connection? As in you don't get patches?

If that's the case then No. The encroachment bug it's self will piss you off for the duration M16.
yeah, WR/DB interactions, bad rout running and "dead DB AI" always bugged me.

About being connected, i just don't play the online portion of Madden, but i'm always connected, so getting the patches would not be an issue.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Not sure what your conversion rates are, but cant you do what alot of EU players do and setup a US PSN... then purchase the US PSN Cards, add them to your US account, buy the game from the US Store and then play it using any PSN login you wish on your PS4.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #8
Pro

Yes. I'd pay double for m16. You won't be disappointed

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »