Home

Flawed QB AWR progression

This is a discussion on Flawed QB AWR progression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Flawed QB AWR progression

So, I downloaded the new patch and started simming through the years to check things like Rookie Speed, LT PBK regression etc and have come across a very annoying flaw in CPU progression for QB's (and OL to a lesser extent).

It seems when a CPU is progressing a QB it dumps all its experience into SAC, then MAC and then AWR but only once SAC and MAC is maxed out to 99 each! Simming ahead 8 years, the highest AWR for QB's in the league was 89, 86, 85, 71 and 70. Luck was 61 and Jameis Winston was 26. The high AWR players are only like that because their SAC and MAC are 99 each. I'm hearing stories from other players of these slight AWR drops each season and the CPU not making up for it... just blindly dumping the xp into more and more expensive SAC and MAC.

This feels completely backwards, shouldn't veterans experience a physical decline and some accuracy issues but their higher AWR carry them (Peyton Manning, Tom Brady etc). Even backups in the league are there due to their brains, not declining arms (Matt Hasselbeck, Sean Hill for example). I'm hearing stories from other players of these slight AWR drops each season and the CPU not making up for it... just blindly dumping xp more and more into SAC and MAC.

This won't affect 32 user online leagues and the only workaround I can see right now is offline 32 team control, set progression to "end of season (i.e. offseason week 1)" and manually progress QB's.

Check this picture of Marcus Mariota going into his 9th year... 0 AWR!!!
http://www.operationsports.com/Geodu...dden-16/42225/

I've mentioned this in the bugs section but it feels less of a bug, just more like bad logic...
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...thread-41.html

Has anyone else noticed terrible CPU progression in their CFM? What about other positions? Thoughts?

Last edited by Mattanite; 09-09-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Flawed QB AWR progression

It just keeps getting more depressing...
Old 09-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
Pro

yankees028's Arena

I went from being like yes we have a pretty solid product that they came build from. Holding out to start my cfm but at this point I think I'm going to trade it in for NBA 2k. I play a online expansion franchise with 3 other people. All of this will completely unplayable for us. Last year it was bad enough where I would switch to each team and spend over 5hrs making sure the cpu doesn't blow there offseason

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Old 09-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I think this should be checked with Weekly or Monthly progression as well and not just left up to End Of Season. Why? Because ratings are dropping mid-season this year and if you only have end of season progression active, there's no counterbalance to that.

I'll be honest...if I had an entire season's worth of XP saved up, I'd probably go accuracy over awareness too.

JMO.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Jeez.... It gets worse...

I just don't see how CFM is worth playing. Too many issues, as per usual, probably a month for another patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #6
PX4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I think this should be checked with Weekly or Monthly progression as well and not just left up to End Of Season. Why? Because ratings are dropping mid-season this year and if you only have end of season progression active, there's no counterbalance to that.

I'll be honest...if I had an entire season's worth of XP saved up, I'd probably go accuracy over awareness too.

JMO.
Well yes, on a user controlled QB you would because you're the awareness... but on any CPU controlled players awareness is pretty important.

I was planning on rebuying M16 but I think I'll stick with last year's title. 60$ is too much for such a poorly put together game after 4 years and 16 billion in revenue lol.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028
I went from being like yes we have a pretty solid product that they came build from. Holding out to start my cfm but at this point I think I'm going to trade it in for NBA 2k. I play a online expansion franchise with 3 other people. All of this will completely unplayable for us. Last year it was bad enough where I would switch to each team and spend over 5hrs making sure the cpu doesn't blow there offseason
Yes, I also micromanage the CPU in the off-season due to bad trade logic, free agency logic, draft logic (Jaguars take a new QB in every draft I've done so far) and that extremely annoying new coach bug that's been in the game for 3 years and still not fixed! (the one where a CPU owner signs a generated coach who changes scheme from 3-4/4-3 but keeps the old coach's player schemes intact... moves a 3-4 OLB to DE and then trades him away as his size and archetype don't match...
Old 09-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Testing a quick offline CFM with weekly progression (and auto progression so that my user team plays by the same rules as the others). Guess what the first point the CPU dumped into Mariota was?

Awareness.

Will go all the way through the season and report back.

Not trying to prove anyone wrong here, I don't doubt that the CPU's decision making on XP usage is probably messed up for end of season progression. BUT....when it doesn't have all those points to dump at once, I could see it going for the cheaper option - and that's usually AWR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »