Home

I thought the agrresive cath was bad but toos and sweeps are even worse.

This is a discussion on I thought the agrresive cath was bad but toos and sweeps are even worse. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I thought the agrresive cath was bad but toos and sweeps are even worse.

Now I don't know if there is a thread about this but my frustration is at and all time high. I have been and OS member for over 9yrs plus and this is not cool. I have tried everything to stop these type of plays. Maybe I lost my skills due to the fact I am an older gamer . However this is where I thought M15 shined some what a little better. I don't know if there is a patch to fix this but these type of play coupled with the fact that there is no type of contain to stop QBs makes this game almost unplayable for me. i know a lot of sims guys such as myself loved the game but as i see more of this I am starting to question is this type of game play really sim and if this is trully what some of you wanted. any advice would be thankful. pissed Os member here!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: I thought the agrresive cath was bad but toos and sweeps are even worse.

It was very balanced in madden 15 but definitely seems a little overpowered again. In my tests I've found toss/sweep to be successful over 80 percent of the time

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #3
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
Now I don't know if there is a thread about this but my frustration is at and all time high. I have been and OS member for over 9yrs plus and this is not cool. I have tried everything to stop these type of plays. Maybe I lost my skills due to the fact I am an older gamer . However this is where I thought M15 shined some what a little better. I don't know if there is a patch to fix this but these type of play coupled with the fact that there is no type of contain to stop QBs makes this game almost unplayable for me. i know a lot of sims guys such as myself loved the game but as i see more of this I am starting to question is this type of game play really sim and if this is trully what some of you wanted. any advice would be thankful. pissed Os member here!!!!
I disagree. They used to kill me in Madden 25 with sweeps, screens and running qbs. There are now QB contain plays and if you go with a zone that has defenders on either side, that puts a stop to the sweep and screens.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
I disagree. They used to kill me in Madden 25 with sweeps, screens and running qbs. There are now QB contain plays and if you go with a zone that has defenders on either side, that puts a stop to the sweep and screens.
Ok, then give me your instructions on how to stop it because I have tried everything in the book. yes you will stop it once in a while but more often then not you won't. so give me some tips.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #5
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
Ok, then give me your instructions on how to stop it because I have tried everything in the book. yes you will stop it once in a while but more often then not you won't. so give me some tips.
Make sure you aren't outnumbered on the sweep side and crash your line. If your CB has a good run stop value then put him in press man. 99% of the time unless the HB breaks the tackle it ends up as a loss. I have not found anything in the game that is overpowered this year that can't be countered. I use to hate playing online because there were certain plays that you just couldn't stop. This year there is an almost 100% effective counter for everything (tosses, aggressive catches, qb rollouts, fb dive)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #6
Rookie

griffy20's Arena

I don't think I've ever been stopped by the CPU while running a toss play on the goal line.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #7
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Toss/sweep plays in general are effective if there is 1) Offense outnumbers Defenses to the toss side 2) have a speed back 3) guards are fast enough to get to the outside

If it's I formation twin WR and the toss is to the backside, then the CB is usually aligned on the twin side. INSTANT MISMATCH. Offense now has to beat 2 people (OLB and END), just to get a yard unless the safety is in the box. When ever I see this I user the safety to the TE side and force contain.

CPU does not adjust to plays like as user would. They just call a play and hope it's the right one to counter what you called. Toos/Sweeps are countered by making adjustments in the formations you know they like to be called out of. Blitzing a corner and giving the safety/ LB the corners coverage responsibility is one adjustment. If the corner is in deep zone, then of course the toss is going to work.

I don't think they are nearly as overpowered as the pistol bunch sweep and counters out of any position. I could be swallowing my words in a few months though,
Old 09-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #8
MVP

sweeps are very easy to stop.........but you talkin about online?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »