Home

Improve Your Run Game In Madden 16

This is a discussion on Improve Your Run Game In Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Improve Your Run Game In Madden 16

Although not as important as it was back in the mid 80s and early 90s, a consistent running attack is still important in the NFL. It helps stop a team from becoming one-dimensional, and forces opposing defenses to plan for multiple outcomes. That concept is not lost in Madden 16, as having a solid running attack truly helps setup one’s entire offensive scheme. Unfortunately for some, that is easier said than done, and that’s why I wanted to offer some basic tips and examples on how to improve your running game in Madden 16.

READ MORE: Improve Your Run Game In Madden 16
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Im loving the Running game so far.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Improve Your Run Game In Madden 16

Yeah, I was struggling the first few games on all-pro, but I am using the Falcons, and our Oline isn't strong, and our RBs are a 1 year vet (Freeman) and a rookie (Coleman). But, after a few games, I started using Coleman more and things opened up a bit more. He has a little more speed and power, actually, than freeman. But, on top of that, the movement of players is so much nicer this year. Players no longer feel like they are 'skating around', so that's an adjustment to make. For me, I can push full bore on the left stick, but u have to recognize how/when the RB will cut and how much space/time u need. This just comes with experience/practice imo. The jukes are nice for not only juking, but changing direction. I have started to use this as a sort of 'one cut' option. Run the play to the strong side, but when it's closing down, juke the other way, and take off! Overall, reading blocks is huge this year, too. Don't look at your RB!!! Look upfield all the time, watch your blocks develop, and go INSIDE them. This has helped me tremendously. I also use the cover ball more often than prec mod button to 'slow down' in the hole and make more precise movements, then EXPLODE with the sprint button when there's open daylight. Running the ball is actually really fun for me now this year as it's much more realistic, imo. Gotta read blocks, for sure. But, as u say, also GOTTA play to your back's strengths and read D pre-snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Wish they would fix the ball carrier running animation. It looks so bad.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
5. Sign Jarryd Hayne!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #6
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Just played an All Madden online fantasy CFM game, I had Hundley facing Mallet, needless to say that was the worst display of QB play I have ever witnessed, both had sub 45 completion percentages and 4 of Mallets 5 picks were on bad throws. Girl I was playing is actually pretty good and rarely makes bad reads. So it came down to both of our running games. Knile Davis had 156 yards on 15 carries for me, Jarrick McKinnon had 53 on 17 for her. And motivated by not wanting to lose to a girl, I won 34-17. To me Knile Davis is a top 5 back in Madden easily. 92 SPD 91 trk 79 str. I highly recommend trading for him if any of you are in an online CFM, and most people have him on the block since Charles is already there.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 09-06-2015, 01:38 AM   #7
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Hiatus player returning to Madden, and now on the XOne... I've noticed the LS is hyper reactive vs its behavior in previous Madden releases and NCAA14. If I LS all the way to any direction, my RB jolts, sometimes too far, in a direction and ends up getting butt tackled ala Mark Sanchez.

It'll be hard for me to retain my brain to utilize a more subtle touch approach to ballcarrier movement as I wasn't that aware of how a lighter touch could work.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #8
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

The guide forgot the #1 tip. Get your finger off the RT/R2 acceleration button while behind the LOS. You will miss holes and run into back of your lineman more than often.

Another thing related to this that helps me is if you need to make an instant cutback hold LT/L2 as you are taking the handoff then move the LS in the opposite direction for a quick agile cut. You need to hold down L2 for at least a few seconds as well because if you immediately let go of it the game will register that you wanted to attempt the hesistation move which will usually ruin your run at that point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »