Home

The Market

This is a discussion on The Market within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Market

I may be in the minority around here but I'm disappointed in what occurred with the market change. I wasn't the stub fairy but I actually liked the market how it was with the high supply and demand. Granted some things were crazy with the random FAs but that made it fun too. I'd love turning it on the next day to see if anybody bought something for a crazy price. It made the experience more enjoyable.

If it didn't take so long to earn stubs by playing games and such, I wouldn't be disappointed with the market change or how it is now. That's my biggest problem with this mode. I already spent $60 on the game itself, I think it's unfair and shouldn't be expected of anybody to waste more money into a game for packs/card. I hate it on Madden and I hate it on here. Madden is a little different because you earn coins by completing challenges etc. And not just let me catch this ball 200 times and sit here keep hitting the x button.

I'm sure The Show will add to this mode and make it even better next year. I'm not worried about that because they always make the game better each year and I love them for it. I was just really enjoying the idea of the bigger market and how things were going. I understand people were at a disadvantage whom had just bought the game, but that's still fun too. I wouldn't have minded. I didn't start playing DD till June so I was way behind but I caught up by August. It was a lot of fun and I'd wish to see it back to how it was. I might be in the minority but I just wanted my opinion out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

TheBallGuru's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggio7
I may be in the minority around here but I'm disappointed in what occurred with the market change. I wasn't the stub fairy but I actually liked the market how it was with the high supply and demand. Granted some things were crazy with the random FAs but that made it fun too. I'd love turning it on the next day to see if anybody bought something for a crazy price. It made the experience more enjoyable.

If it didn't take so long to earn stubs by playing games and such, I wouldn't be disappointed with the market change or how it is now. That's my biggest problem with this mode. I already spent $60 on the game itself, I think it's unfair and shouldn't be expected of anybody to waste more money into a game for packs/card. I hate it on Madden and I hate it on here. Madden is a little different because you earn coins by completing challenges etc. And not just let me catch this ball 200 times and sit here keep hitting the x button.

I'm sure The Show will add to this mode and make it even better next year. I'm not worried about that because they always make the game better each year and I love them for it. I was just really enjoying the idea of the bigger market and how things were going. I understand people were at a disadvantage whom had just bought the game, but that's still fun too. I wouldn't have minded. I didn't start playing DD till June so I was way behind but I caught up by August. It was a lot of fun and I'd wish to see it back to how it was. I might be in the minority but I just wanted my opinion out there.

I get why they did what they did because it was mostly scammers who had millions of stubs.

However I loved the challenge of building my team up from nothing to a lineup with 5-6 legends like I have now. It was a grind. Deciding whether to use the 10,000 stubs on packs, or a certain guy I really want or seeing if I can fill out a whole collection. That made this mode great and it still is but I never minded the market but I completely understand why they did it.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah I agree the occasional big sale is fun but it got to a point where everyone was cashing in and now every team is stacked and looks the same. Before things got out of hand, I had no intention in going after Trout, Posey, etc but now I have these guys without much effort.

I was able to use the marketplace to build my team before the Community Challenges got out of hand and I didn't need to spend any money. I think completing collections helped.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
MVP

rjackson's Arena

I haven't been messing with it, but has there been a steady decrease in prices and movement on the market since Madden came out? Meaning, are more people over there now so stuff doesn't sell and whatnot?
Old 09-12-2015, 11:58 PM   #5
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
I haven't been messing with it, but has there been a steady decrease in prices and movement on the market since Madden came out? Meaning, are more people over there now so stuff doesn't sell and whatnot?
Some people have definitely gone down, but between the makret exploding, the markey crashing back down with all the free packs and limits they added, other games, and everything else, there's really no direct way to attribute it. Golds are way cheaper than they used to be though (as an example, I bought Lester for the Cubs collection at around 10k in June or July, he's currently worth around 2k.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 12:25 PM   #6
MVP

rjackson's Arena

I only need a couple more cards from the Phillies to complete all collections and I'm almost afraid of losing what stubs I have left to get them. Is the turnaround still quick on a buy or sell?
Old 09-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
I only need a couple more cards from the Phillies to complete all collections and I'm almost afraid of losing what stubs I have left to get them. Is the turnaround still quick on a buy or sell?
I haven't played for a while but it depends on the card. Like I always hit Darren O'day for the Phillies for some reason and others not so much.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
No ! Its dead there . Its almost impossible to sell equipment now and buy orders go for days it seems

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »